Broken ankle

What was the scenario for that to happen :lol: ?
Primarily stupidity. Was dismantling the large wardrobe in the bathroom and had wedged one crowbar in the corner and used the other to do the other side. Obviously as soon as I put the second one in it opened a gap and the fordt one fell out. Right onto my eyebrow.

So much claret.

Primarily stupidity. Was dismantling the large wardrobe in the bathroom and had wedged one crowbar in the corner and used the other to do the other side. Obviously as soon as I put the second one in it opened a gap and the fordt one fell out. Right onto my eyebrow.

So much claret.
:eek: Ouch

Flipping hell. Think I've done mine again. Only went over on it slightly

That and my finger, I'm like the walking dead

Put off going to A&E for fear of the wait but now it's all purple

And I can't sleep 😴
I called 111 about mine, I got an appointment for around an hour later at Hartlepool Urgent Care centre

Just done mine, been in hospital coming up to 3 nights now had an op yesterday to fit plates and screws and I’m stressed worrying about how I’m going to manage.

Anyone got any tips? I’m non weight bearing for 6 weeks 😢
You'll be fine, people run around after you. I bought an xbox when i was laid up.

Just done mine, been in hospital coming up to 3 nights now had an op yesterday to fit plates and screws and I’m stressed worrying about how I’m going to manage.

Anyone got any tips? I’m non weight bearing for 6 weeks 😢
Crikey. I wasn't hospitalised at least.

I think I made a mistake in weight bearing early on. Not that I had much choice.

Managing has been a problem I admit. Hobbling about like an old man. Tried dragging myself around on my arse but that's hard work.

Tips would be welcome

Mind, have never spoken to so many people locally. Am like the local novelty act with this massive boot on.

I think I made a mistake in weight bearing early on. Not that I had much choice.

Managing has been a problem I admit. Hobbling about like an old man. Tried dragging myself around on my arse but that's hard work.

Tips would be welcome

Mind, have never spoken to so many people locally. Am like the local novelty act with this massive boot on.
Well they finally let me home last night, I’ve came to my Mams as she’s in a bungalow and I’m on my own with two kids.

So I initially got sent home with a boot on Sunday, didn’t want to take anymore sick days so I worked from home Sunday and Monday then got two calls from a surgeon saying you need to get back to hospital within 1 hour.

Turns out a massive break was missed on the X-ray. I tried two goes at manipulation one under sedation then second under morphine and gas and air. Both failed so surgery was Tuesday.

I had to get into my mams house on my arse last night literally couldn’t get over the step. I’ve managed to get to the toilet on my crutches getting off the settee was tricky last night as it’s low down.

I wonder if weight bearing had made yours worse? I’ve got a back slab on for two weeks then will get a cast on. I’m on morphine for pain. I’m sick as out like cos I’m always on the go. But hopefully I will manage better as the weeks go by.

Tips would be welcome

Sounds like your two's injuries are/were way more severe than mine, mine was a Weber B fracture. Putting a pillow between my legs when I slept helped make things a bit more comfortable. I also had a wheeled office chair at the top and bottom of the stairs to use, I was kinda rowing around the house with my crutch on the chair haha, just to avoid getting up.

Last edited:
Sounds like your two's injuries are/were way more severe than mine, mine was a Weber B fracture. Putting a pillow between my legs when I slept helped make things a bit more comfortable. I also had a wheeled office chair at the top and bottom of the stairs to use, I was kinda rowing around the house with my crutch on the chair haha, just to avoid getting up.
I’m terrified of the stairs which is why I’m at my Mams but I might feel different in a few days I’m not that bad on my crutches like but not confident enough to leave the house. Just been looking at those small walking scooters they look canny like. Currently lying here looking at the rabbits hopping about in my mams garden and that’s not the morphine talking 😂 need master getting into the garden next

I’m terrified of the stairs which is why I’m at my Mams but I might feel different in a few days I’m not that bad on my crutches like but not confident enough to leave the house. Just been looking at those small walking scooters they look canny like. Currently lying here looking at the rabbits hopping about in my mams garden and that’s not the morphine talking 😂 need master getting into the garden next
Nightmare, I was lucky I was only in a cast for 4 days til I got the moon boot on. Was out and about as much as possible after that.

Nightmare, I was lucky I was only in a cast for 4 days til I got the moon boot on. Was out and about as much as possible after that.
Ah that’s good 😊 I’m just gonna take each day as it comes and hope I can keep moving about as much as possible.

They didn't actually give me crutches. Not sure if I've done more damage walking about. Will find out Tuesday. The boot is doing my head in - clomping about.

They didn't actually give me crutches. Not sure if I've done more damage walking about. Will find out Tuesday. The boot is doing my head in - clomping about.
Crickey you might have, the stories I’ve heard since doing this of not receiving the right treatment afterwards.

I managed to get into the garden yesterday it wasn’t easy like just have the urge to put my bad foot down 😂

Crickey you might have, the stories I’ve heard since doing this of not receiving the right treatment afterwards.

I managed to get into the garden yesterday it wasn’t easy like just have the urge to put my bad foot down 😂
Think I might actually be healed to a point. It doesn't hurt anymore anyway. Just very stiff now.

You learn I guess. I ain't wiping your arse mother when you get to that point.

How yous lot getting on? Might bin the boot tomorrow regardless.

Can't be clomping around struggling to get up a moderate hill anymore

Getting irritated by car drivers who park on pavements or who think it's funny to appear to mow me down when I try to cross a road

How yous lot getting on? Might bin the boot tomorrow regardless.

Can't be clomping around struggling to get up a moderate hill anymore

Getting irritated by car drivers who park on pavements or who think it's funny to appear to mow me down when I try to cross a road
Crickey best bin it before you get knocked down.

I’m doing ok, managing to get around the house and out into the garden now. I’ve got crutches and a frame.

My cousin is a physio and said sometimes the recovery with pins and plates can be quicker.

Back Tuesday for my next cast. Still living with me Mam bless her.

Back