Broken ankle

Cheers for the reassurance, just reading some of the posts in the thread are making me a bit nervous. I'm fairly young and pretty active and fit, so hoping that helps my recovery.
When do you next go to the hospital? Mention your trip abroad. I was 18 and recovered quite well, different injury like.

When do you next go to the hospital? Mention your trip abroad. I was 18 and recovered quite well, different injury like.
The fracture clinic are calling me tomorrow to discuss the plan of action, but the nurse who seen me said to mention about going away and they'll try sort out a fit to fly note and give me a moon boot if they feel it's ok.

Well I'm still hopeful of going but don't know the procedure, fracture clinic are calling me tomorrow but figured there might be issue with swelling on a plane, don't know what appointments or physio I might need to do....plus I don't really wanna go away if I've got a pot or crutches. I feel ok, so here's hoping it's well healed or I can be cleared to wear one of those moonboots and walk about.

They should be able to put a split in the cast to cover any swelling during the flight

The fracture clinic are calling me tomorrow to discuss the plan of action, but the nurse who seen me said to mention about going away and they'll try sort out a fit to fly note and give me a moon boot if they feel it's ok.
Talk to them about DVT risk mate. Your break plus immobility may increase your risk.

Just check it out before you make a decision.

Yeh i had a moon boot. Just make sure you practice on the crutches and get your mates to carry your pints

That can't be correct physiotherapist is a protected title is it not?

I had a knee replacement 2012. It needs doing again.
I went to the to build it up as Iā€™m having another in a couple of months and a lad I used to work with is working there.
He told me he did a few courses but heā€™s not been to university.

Anyway I bet the experience the OP has isnā€™t what he is expecting.

To me it feels like that the NHS are running this service down so that people go private. Most go private nowadays.
It certainly feels like this.
I will know more when Iā€™ve had my op as I can compare what they did last time. šŸ‘Œ

I had a knee replacement 2012. It needs doing again.
I went to the to build it up as Iā€™m having another in a couple of months and a lad I used to work with is working there.
He told me he did a few courses but heā€™s not been to university.

Anyway I bet the experience the OP has isnā€™t what he is expecting.

To me it feels like that the NHS are running this service down so that people go private. Most go private nowadays.
It certainly feels like this.
I will know more when Iā€™ve had my op as I can compare what they did last time. šŸ‘Œ
I was just given couple basic nhs sessions , just takes time , and to work on strengthening and mobility . Started doing the odd single leg squats and single leg deadlifts (body weight). Walking plenty now . Have tried the odd swim in recent couple weeks , nowt else at moment . Get there eventually .
I found nhs physios just as good as many private ones, Big advantage private is can get in very quick where nhs you can wait weeks or longer .
Hope your knee gets sorted .

I was just given couple basic nhs sessions , just takes time , and to work on strengthening and mobility . Started doing the odd single leg squats and single leg deadlifts (body weight). Walking plenty now . Have tried the odd swim in recent couple weeks , nowt else at moment . Get there eventually .
I found nhs physios just as good as many private ones, Big advantage private is can get in very quick where nhs you can wait weeks or longer .
Hope your knee gets sorted .

Cheers mate. Ditto.

Been 3 weeks since I broke my ankle and 2 since it was confirmed to be a Weber B fracture and I was put in a boot. Been going for short walks and managed to get my hands on a spinning bike so have still been doing some exercise after work. When I got home from the match on Saturday I took my boot off and haven't put it back on yet. Been off today so had a little drive and felt fine, gunna put the boot back on and get lifts to work the rest of the week. Then next week start driving and ramping up the exercise and hopefully be running again in a few more weeks.

Flipping hell. Think I've done mine again. Only went over on it slightly

That and my finger, I'm like the walking dead

Put off going to A&E for fear of the wait but now it's all purple

And I can't sleep šŸ˜“

Flipping hell. Think I've done mine again. Only went over on it slightly

That and my finger, I'm like the walking dead

Put off going to A&E for fear of the wait but now it's all purple

And I can't sleep šŸ˜“
Only a 2.5 hour wait last week for my dad at the urgent care centre.

That included an X-Ray.

Back