Brewdog

I've had that, I think that's what sort of got me into this style of beer. When we were in lockdown one of me locals opened up as a shop. He was bottling the draught to take away. Bloody lovely.
Would strongly agree with the recommendations above to try Vocation's Life and Death as well as their Love and Hate. Both far superior to Punk but you should really enjoy both if you liked the OG Punk.

I notice Tescos 2 for 9 quid on various things isn't on anymore. Fancied some Northern Monk faith which was 8 x 330ml for £9 but they're now selling it in 440ml cans at £8 for 4.
Aye, they've been messing on with pricing all year. They keep choosing a few 4x330ml cans for £4.50 instead.

Asda is better prices these days. Their new 4 for the price of 3 offer on the big cans works out canny.

That sounds delicious actually!

Lagunitas IPA. For a while last year Tesco did 4x 355 ml cans imported from California on the 2 for £9, bliss! Fiver for 4 in Asda at the moment

The guy who founded Lagunitas, Tony Magee, plays (Frank Zappa's!) guitar in a band called Alice Drinks The Kool Aid. They supported James McMurtry at the Cluny and at the end of the set he said that he appreciated the response from the audience and he'd like to buy us all a drink! He had left a few slabs of IPA behind the bar which were dished out on request! Helped make a great night greater!

Aye, they've been messing on with pricing all year. They keep choosing a few 4x330ml cans for £4.50 instead.

Asda is better prices these days. Their new 4 for the price of 3 offer on the big cans works out canny.
I use Morrisons mainly at the minute but I've stocked up on dirt cheap Brewdog lost lager from Asda to see me through the Euros.

Northern Monk New World I.P.A. is good from Morrisons, 2 packs for £10. Instead of buying Brewdog from Asda, try Jaipur at 2 packs for £9, that's what Punk I.P.A. is based on anyway.

Northern Monk New World I.P.A. is good from Morrisons, 2 packs for £10. Instead of buying Brewdog from Asda, try Jaipur at 2 packs for £9, that's what Punk I.P.A. is based on anyway.
Isn't it the other way around? Jaipur based on punk MK1?

Isn't it the other way around? Jaipur based on punk MK1?

Jaipur came out in 2005.
Was a feature in Ferment magazine about the biggest most important craft beers. Punk and Jaipur were 1 and 2, iirc. Cant remember which order.

Thronvridge were also doing Green Mountain, in a green can, then a little while later brew dog were doing hazy jane which tastes similar also in a green can. Interesting

Last edited:
Right. Saw it on Facebook that Northern Monk Norse star 2 is scanning at £1.50 even though its on priced on the self at £4. Went to my local Morrisons and its true, although I had to pay £1.98 a can thanks to the SNPs minimum pricing nonsense (I'm in Glasgow). Doubt you'll get a better stout at that price.

Back