Brewdog

Recommend me a good alternative to Punk
Pretty much any supermarket IPA.

If you want something that’s uncompromising, strong, and hoppy, and closer to the original 6% ish punk try one of the local craft brewers. Almasty Believe, Full Circle Looper, or S43 Little Juice. Two by Two are worth a mention too.

pick them up at little shop, port bierhaus, blues in Sunderland, or Rehills in Jesmond, centrale at Newcastle station. Also Hopknocker in gilesgate.

Last edited:

Honestly, Sierra Nevada Pale is class and available in most supermarkets. I’ll get pelter for it no doubt but it’s a great beer.
Pretty much any supermarket IPA.

If you want something that’s uncompromising, strong, and hoppy, and closer to the original 6% ish punk try one of the local craft brewers. Almasty Believe, Full Circle Looper, or S43 Little Juice. Two by Two are worth a mention too.

pick them up at little shop, port bierhaus, blues in Sunderland, or Rehills in Jesmond, centrale at Newcastle station. Also Hopknocker in gilesgate.

@spitfire lives in (I believe) Surrey though so not much good to him.

If he can get Full Circle delivered down there though then he should order some. Brilliant stuff.

Last edited:
Honestly, Sierra Nevada Pale is class and available in most supermarkets. I’ll get pelter for it no doubt but it’s a great beer.

If he can get Full Circle delivered down there though then he should order some. Brilliant stuff.

Sierra Nevada is class. One of the best beers available in most supermarkets

Ok then, have a crack at Deya’s “Steady Rolling man” or any Deya for that matter at your local independent bottle shop. It’s cracking stuff.

I like vocation life and death. Get it in most places at 5 or 6 quid a box and its about 6.5%
I like Joker by Williams Bros. Not sure about down there but it's available in most supermarkets up here (Scotland) at a similar price point to Punk.
Paolo, the Williams bros peach pale is canny good. 1.20 a can in aldi

Last edited:
That sounds delicious actually!

Lagunitas IPA. For a while last year Tesco did 4x 355 ml cans imported from California on the 2 for £9, bliss! Fiver for 4 in Asda at the moment
I've had that, I think that's what sort of got me into this style of beer. When we were in lockdown one of me locals opened up as a shop. He was bottling the draught to take away. Bloody lovely.

Back