Boxing: ***Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury***

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree with all of this. Joshua has a huge number of fans, the majority know if his indiscretions. However, he comes across as a de ent human being - doesn't get dragged into the histrionics and the amount of respect he shows his opponents which is reciprocated in the ring at the end of his fights is refreshing.

As a boxer, fury is brilliant, and the way be has come back from adversity deserves respect. Not sure he the people's champ though.

A year ago he was sending racist messages about the 'superior black race'. Hardly seems like something the people's champ should be saying, given how many non-black fans he will have

The ref counted 7 twice apparently.

Most refs would've stopped the fight like. Credit to the ref for giving him the chance to get up.
So you are crediting the ref for cheating? If he was down for ten he lost and all the points furore is just bollocks then!

So you are crediting the ref for cheating? If he was down for ten he lost and all the points furore is just bollocks then!
Cheating, no. Making a mistake, maybe.

Tbf it was all too bizarre to tell wtf the ref was counting. I've seen a few posts on reddit saying the ref counted 7 twice but I can't tell on replays.

A year ago he was sending racist messages about the 'superior black race'. Hardly seems like something the people's champ should be saying, given how many non-black fans he will have

I don't know much about that - I know of one message ro another boxer where he said it. Is that really comparable to fury's racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic and sexist rants in interviews?

Tbf it was all too bizarre to tell wtf the ref was counting. I've seen a few posts on reddit saying the ref counted 7 twice but I can't tell on replays.

A woman outside of the ring was also doing the counting, some sort of conspiracy?

It's very clear to me on that, that he doesn't count 7 twice. I'd argue that at 10 he's not fully up. Just think a draw is probably the right result here.

Reactions: PTR
There is a very legitimate argument that he should have been counted out. As there is that he should have won on points.

3.33 If a Boxer is “down” under the provisions of Regulation 3.32.1(a) he must return to the boxing ring unassisted within twenty seconds. In all other cases mentioned above, he must regain his feet unassisted within ten seconds. The Referee shall not permit a Boxer to continue boxing, if in his opinion he is able to do so, until the expiration of 8 seconds following the knock down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back