Boxing: ***Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury***

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Timekeeper I'd imagine :lol:
Threads f***ing mad.

Terrible decision, but not the worst I’ve ever seen, truth is if Fury didn’t get floored twice he would have won, if Fury had any knock out power he would have won.
If and buts, truth is if the refs were competent he would have won.

Fury is just a white heavyweight gypsy version of Chris Eubank, a mouthy bellend who people only watch to see him get knocked on his arse, like Eubank he can box but not in an entertaining way, he's just tough as old boots.
Incorrect, I watch him because he is one of the most skilled heavyweight boxer in 10 to 15 year.

Last edited:

just watched it again(sober) and while i respect tyson for his effort, he didnt do enough IMO. a world class fighter with height and reach advantage, and a 44 pound weight advantage really should have destroyed Wilder, but he didnt really trouble him. fair enough he notched up the rounds, but he needed to take Wilders belt away from him with power, but he couldn,t beat him beyond doubt. Wilder wins re-match all day for me.

He struggled against a bloke whose hardly done anything for years who will only get better and better as he gets more and more back into it. It'll be even more of a boxing lesson next time

Incorrect, I watch him because he is one of the most skilled heavyweight boxer in 10 to 15 year.

I realise you are more of a student of the sport when I just watch it from an entertainment point of view, i can appreciate what he does but it doesn't always make good watching, if he had a big punch on him it would be something but compared to the very best I don't think he does, he tough and defensively agile but I just can't get excited by him.

just watched it again(sober) and while i respect tyson for his effort, he didnt do enough IMO. a world class fighter with height and reach advantage, and a 44 pound weight advantage really should have destroyed Wilder, but he didnt really trouble him. fair enough he notched up the rounds, but he needed to take Wilders belt away from him with power, but he couldn,t beat him beyond doubt. Wilder wins re-match all day for me.
"he didn't do enough IMO" I think you were still pissed mate.

I realise you are more of a student of the sport when I just watch it from an entertainment point of view, i can appreciate what he does but it doesn't always make good watching, if he had a big punch on him it would be something but compared to the very best I don't think he does, he tough and defensively agile but I just can't get excited by him.
All fair enough mate......this last few months has and is creating a huge following for him, his battle with his demons and overall issues is a narrative that I believe will capture the British public.

All fair enough mate......this last few months has and is creating a huge following for him, his battle with his demons and overall issues is a narrative that I believe will capture the British public.
He hasn't half played on these "demons" mind. And fair play, it's brought him a lot of goodwill.

Back