Boxing: ***Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury***

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

Wonder how many people notice the host on here? ;)

Are you serious? Are you being cynical about a bloke who is trying to raise awrensss of mental health?
I remember when he said in the build up to the Klitchko fight that he said something along the lines of "even I don't know what I will do, I might wake up fine but in the afternoon I might want to kill myself", Not a huge boxing fan in the any way and have limited knowledge of the technical side of the game but his proffesional wrestling style approach in his build up's make him very interesting and entertaining character for me to watch :lol:

Last edited:
He hasn't half played on these "demons" mind. And fair play, it's brought him a lot of goodwill.
You're not coming across too good here mate.
We all have someone we know or in the family who has suffered from mental health problems, and in some cases have someone where it has ended in the worst possible way (i have had this happen in my family). It's good Tyson is talking about it and overcoming it, we've seen the effect it can have on people who seem great from the outside even to their own families (Gary Speed, Robin Williams for 'famous' examples). He's raising the profile of mental health which can only be a good thing. If one person thinks 'TYSON FURY is suffering the same as I am and he got help and is overcoming it, then I can too' then I hope he keeps talking about it.

You're not coming across too good here mate.
We all have someone we know or in the family who has suffered from mental health problems, and in some cases have someone where it has ended in the worst possible way (i have had this happen in my family). It's good Tyson is talking about it and overcoming it, we've seen the effect it can have on people who seem great from the outside even to their own families (Gary Speed, Robin Williams for 'famous' examples). He's raising the profile of mental health which can only be a good thing. If one person thinks 'TYSON FURY is suffering the same as I am and he got help and is overcoming it, then I can too' then I hope he keeps talking about it.
Bang on
And the other replies too.

What he's doing is something real..not just pressing a like/retweet button a few times

He hasn't half played on these "demons" mind. And fair play, it's brought him a lot of goodwill.

I disagree. His stock has definitely increased since his comeback, but that's because more people than will admit can relate to what he's spoken about. Hope he keeps on doing it.

He dethroned Wlad, went on a 2 year session giving Joshua the chance to get some titles, then came back and schooled the man Joshua didn't fancy it with.

Sounds like Wilder is pushing for that AJ fight rather then face Fury again.

I disagree. His stock has definitely increased since his comeback, but that's because more people than will admit can relate to what he's spoken about. Hope he keeps on doing it.

He dethroned Wlad, went on a 2 year session giving Joshua the chance to get some titles, then came back and schooled the man Joshua didn't fancy it with.
That avatar is fantastic :lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like Wilder is pushing for that AJ fight rather then face Fury again.

I've been saying this would happen. They took Fury because they thought he'd be a soft touch and a victory over the lineal champ would increase UK profile and his negotiating leverage for the AJ fight.

Hearn has been saying right up to fight week that they would be on the phone to Wilder's team right after the fight.

Are you serious? Are you being cynical about a bloke who is trying to raise awrensss of mental health?
When it comes to Tyson Fury. Yes.

And before everyone gets on their high horse i myself have suffered bad depression in the past. Not in the best place mentally now having lost my job last week. That's why i am sceptical when it comes to Fury given the type of character he has showed himself to be. The man is a walking contradiction who has been caught in lies his entire career.

If it is as serious as he says then i would have nothing but sympathy for him and his family. But i always go with my gut and something isn't right with the whole thing.

That's my opinion and i will stick by it until my last breath.

Last edited:

And before everyone gets on their high horse i myself have suffered bad depression in the past. Not in the best place mentally now having lost my job last week. That's why i am sceptical when it comes to Fury given the type of character he has showed himself to be. The man is a walking contradiction who has been caught in lies his entire career.

If it is as serious as he says then i would have nothing but sympathy for him and his family. But i always go with my gut and something isn't right with the whole thing.

Well clearly you are part of his inner circle and know exactly what goes on behind closed doors with Tyson and his family.

Seems you have factual insight that most don’t ...

Pleased I didn’t go with my gut when me marra wasn’t well.

Last edited:
Will be interesting how it all plays out next year.....Joshua, Wilder, Fury and Usyk........plus the winner of Whyte v Chisora back in the mix.

The division finally looking decent again.

What would he gain by lying about it, just because you've had it doesn't mean you have some right to questioning someones mental state or am I missing something?

I am desperate for fury v Joshua like...

Absolutely convinced fury beats him..

Fury made two mistakes, both the same, if you're ducking, you're not looking.
He's 6ft 9, when he stood tall Wilder couldn't really do alot with him.

Joshua can blow people away but is much more a fighter than a boxer, in that sense, I cannot possibly see how he could beat Fury unless Fury makes that same mistake.

Well clearly you are part of his inner circle and know exactly what goes on behind closed doors with Tyson and his family.

Seems you have factual insight that most don’t ...

Pleased I didn’t go with my gut when me marra wasn’t well.
Do i think he's been ill? Yes. Do i think he's used it to garner favour with the public? Yes. Call me cynical but that's how i feel. And i know i'm not the only one.

Fury made two mistakes, both the same, if you're ducking, you're not looking.
He's 6ft 9, when he stood tall Wilder couldn't really do alot with him.

Joshua can blow people away but is much more a fighter than a boxer, in that sense, I cannot possibly see how he could beat Fury unless Fury makes that same mistake.
By pushing a harder pace than Wilder for one. Really test Fury's fitness (although getting floored twice and coming back strong sort of proved his fitness).

Back