Boxing: ***Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury***

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

Nothing wrong with his fitness.
Wilder doesn't fight at a hard pace. He fights in spurts. Joshua will throw more and be about 30-40lbs heavier than Wilder which in turn will put more pressure on whether it be getting out the way of punches or getting leaned on. Genuine toss up.

When it comes to Tyson Fury. Yes.

And before everyone gets on their high horse i myself have suffered bad depression in the past. Not in the best place mentally now having lost my job last week. That's why i am sceptical when it comes to Fury given the type of character he has showed himself to be. The man is a walking contradiction who has been caught in lies his entire career.

If it is as serious as he says then i would have nothing but sympathy for him and his family. But i always go with my gut and something isn't right with the whole thing.

That's my opinion and i will stick by it until my last breath.

To be honest mate, we don't know him personally and from my point of view is very entertaining and only show interest in boxing when he is involved.

Hope you sort your problems out mate

To be honest mate, we don't know him personally and from my point of view is very entertaining and only show interest in boxing when he is involved.

Hope you sort your problems out mate
On reflection a was a bit out of order giving him shit.

Cheers mate. Bit shit losing a job this time of year having a 2 year old lad and that. Feel like you're letting people down.

Wilder doesn't fight at a hard pace. He fights in spurts. Joshua will throw more and be about 30-40lbs heavier than Wilder which in turn will put more pressure on whether it be getting out the way of punches or getting leaned on. Genuine toss up.
Fury is fitter than Joshua. His style is more economical. Joshua is very powerful and explosive and those big muscles require a lot of oxygen. I know which of the 2 I'd bet on to gas out and it wouldn't be the Gypsy King.

Cheers mate. Bit shit losing a job this time of year having a 2 year old lad and that. Feel like you're letting people down.
Good luck in getting a new job mate. What you are going through is true pressure, I was made redundant with mouths to feed 2 years ago. Turned out it was for the best, I'm in a better job

Last edited:

No worries, not many people on here admit if they think they are wrong ;), The thing with depression from my limited understanding is that it makes people act in contradictory ways but i'm no expert on mental health.

that's not your fault (unless you got yourself sacked off course ;)). you will bounce back and be on your feet again.

People need to get real about Joshua. He's a huge bloke with a good jab and a knockout punch but he isn't a great boxer. He got a homer decision against the Italian to win the Olympics.

He was being schooled by Povetkin during his last fight prior to the flash knockout. I had him 3 or 4 rounds down. No shame in that, Povetkin is world class and was a world class amateur too.

People saying Wilder wouldn't trouble him? Dillion White isn't a great boxer and he caught Joshua flush and rocked him.

As others have said, Fury beats either of them on points. Joshua / Wilder doesn't go the distance but either could win.

Very interesting series of fights looming on the horizon.

Do i think he's been ill? Yes. Do i think he's used it to garner favour with the public? Yes. Call me cynical but that's how i feel. And i know i'm not the only one.
Entitled to opinion, is him bringing up mental issue into the public domain a bad thing like....any publicity on this is great publicity, not many talk about it so open..wish more did.

Hope the bloke continues to stay well and continue his mission to raise awareness and support.

Hope the job search goes well Marra..

Your avatar man :lol::lol::lol:
It’s f***ing great isn’t it, almost feel compelled to change mine, but can’t betray the great Tommy....:)

Last edited:

Back