Blue UK passport

Status
Not open for further replies.
290 mill to change the colour

are they taking the piss?

Brexit or no Brexit. Whether they had Blue, red, green, or transparent covers, the passports would need redesigning for security.

The £490m is a 10 year contract to design and print passports.

The previous 10 year contract was awarded in 2009. It was worth £400m. The £490m is an inflationary increase on that sum.

happens roughly every 5 years. It last happened in 2015. New security measures will be introduced as part of the new internal design.

If the contract wasn’t awarded there would be no company to print passports. No-one would be able to travel.

This is not money being taken from other services, it is the ongoing cost of providing secure passports to citizens.

From Twatter. Appears it would cost the amount stated whether we changed it or not.

The union flag emblazoned on the front would be nice with a pic of the royal family or maybe just the queen on the back. Quality.

Brexit or no Brexit. Whether they had Blue, red, green, or transparent covers, the passports would need redesigning for security.

The £490m is a 10 year contract to design and print passports.

The previous 10 year contract was awarded in 2009. It was worth £400m. The £490m is an inflationary increase on that sum.

happens roughly every 5 years. It last happened in 2015. New security measures will be introduced as part of the new internal design.

If the contract wasn’t awarded there would be no company to print passports. No-one would be able to travel.

This is not money being taken from other services, it is the ongoing cost of providing secure passports to citizens.

From Twatter. Appears it would cost the amount stated whether we changed it or not.

rubbish, it makes no difference.

A multicoloured union flag with Elton John on the back?
Nah that's not British at all. A picture of Nigel Farage and Boris Johnstone on the Back and a picture of Winston Churchill on the front in a kind of fuck you Europeans pose. That'll be a popular scheme I reckon.

but limited to what you can actually bring back..unlike what you can bring back from the EU

you should see the customs gadgies at newcastle when a flight from turkey lands...they are queing up to search scratters bags!
f***ing hell man

but limited to what you can actually bring back..unlike what you can bring back from the EU

you should see the customs gadgies at newcastle when a flight from turkey lands...they are queing up to search scratters bags!
Try bringing 5000 tabs back mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd raise you a JFK or SFO against LHR anytime.
I had been warned that JFK was bad but I had no bother at all the couple of times I went through, must have been lucky. T5 at Heathrow has been absolutely shite every one of the hundreds of times I've been forced through there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back