Blue UK passport

Vote leave: Remoaners should accept the result!!11! They should work with us to make Brexit work

Showing yourself for the true form of the Brexiteer- it’s all about getting one over on other people

Admit it you voted Leave because you don’t like lefties and liberals

I had no idea that either side would be quite so bitter about losing. It's frankly very embarrassing.

Was that not the temp passport you could get. Only lasted for 3 months or So? I got a couple of those when I was around 18 or so.

Anyway well done brexiteers for getting us our passports back. Worth every penny.

There does seem to be an increased silence amongst them, and the victories celebrated seem to be a slight step down from the victories we were told would happen...

Another thing for the pro EU lobby to whinge about, result :)

The only people really bothered about the f***ing blue passport are the remainiacs and Farage. The rest of us don't give a shiny f***ing shite :lol:

Someone on Facebook says it's going to cost us £500m to change the colour. I'm still waiting for the link to the costings on that :lol:

There does seem to be an increased silence amongst them, and the victories celebrated seem to be a slight step down from the victories we were told would happen...

Because most of us don't care what colour our passport is.

For the record I'm quite happy with our progress so far.

The only people really bothered about the f***ing blue passport are the remainiacs and Farage. The rest of us don't give a shiny f***ing shite :lol:

Someone on Facebook says it's going to cost us £500m to change the colour. I'm still waiting for the link to the costings on that :lol:

Because most of us don't care what colour our passport is.

For the record I'm quite happy with our progress so far.
"A £490million contract to redesign and produce a new version of the document was announced earlier this year.

The passport is routinely redesigned every five years. "

Seems a f***ing ridiculous amount mind.

Someone on Facebook says it's going to cost us £500m to change the colour. I'm still waiting for the link to the costings on that
Fake news

Vote leave: Remoaners should accept the result!!11! They should work with us to make Brexit work

Showing yourself for the true form of the Brexiteer- it’s all about getting one over on other people

Admit it you voted Leave because you don’t like lefties and liberals
Left wing indoctrinated shit

"A £490million contract to redesign and produce a new version of the document was announced earlier this year.

The passport is routinely redesigned every five years. "

Seems a f***ing ridiculous amount mind.

It's the same cost every 5 years. This change will add nothing to the cost. How much do the government get back in when we pay for our passports?

It's the same cost every 5 years. This change will add nothing to the cost. How much do the government get back in when we pay for our passports?
Unless it's a redesign of the redesign, since we're changing it after already announcing it ages ago. God knas.

Fake news, how many more times is this going to be said.
I dunno, how many more times are you going to post it?

Whilst the blue passport is a nonsense IMO, the £500m cost is more than covered by the fee charged.
The £500m includes design and printing of the renewed passports.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsit...steria-over-blue-passports/20691#.Wj5qvt-Wbb1

Sums up the usual suspects here

Iam worried about Remainers. I am still politically opposed to them, of course, but now I’m concerned for them, too. Concerned for their mental wellbeing. Their emotional state. Their ability to maintain even the softest grip on reality. Consider their meltdown yesterday over the announcement that Britons’ post-EU passports will be blue rather than burgundy. It was the most telling explosion of Remainer fury yet, beautifully capturing in tweets and tears and thinkpieces just how disgusted these people are with the throng that voted Brexit, and how dislocated they are from basic facts and sense. It was simultaneously terrifying and hilarious to behold.

Remainers normally try to hide: their deep hatred for the poor, the working class, the oiks who for some reason have the vote, the little people who like beach holidays in Britain (and might only be able to afford beach holidays in Britain). They view these people as trash, and hold them responsible for destroying Britain’s future. That’s actually not funny.

The kind of people who ostentatiously smother their Twitterfeeds or writing or political style with declarations of their sexual, racial, trans, non-binary or whatever identity now laugh uproariously at those who think a blue passport might be a nice expression of their identity. You may only have an identity the chattering class approves of, it seems. Which, again, is just beautiful, because that captures what the Brexit vote was really about – not getting blue passports, but defeating an elite that looks upon ordinary people and their identities with disgust, snark and hatred.

I maybe wrong of course, but, every time I’ve flown to Europe my passport has been checked on arrival...so even though we won’t be members of the EU it’ll make no difference - an EU passport official will ‘check me in’ and after that I’ll be free to move around the mainland as I want?

We could have had any colour passport we wanted in the EU and we'll have any colour we want outside of it.

I want any colour that'll piss Nigel Farage off.

So how come the citizens of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland can use the express lane even though none of them have burgundy passports?

EEA/EFTA, which - currently - we're opting out of.

Nowt to do with burgundy passports. EU members can choose whatever colour they like. Most - including the UK - chose to standardise. We could have gone blue without a referendum. Still don't know why it's a thing - the old passport was black.

It's really not something that anyone should be worrying themselves about. Is this what they sit and do in their Brexit office? Still not sorted the deal, let's pander to the dummies and make our passports blue again :rolleyes:
Written back in April but exactly what I was thinking the other day when this was announced as “big news” what a f***ing laughing stock this country has become

Last edited:

Back