Best time to hand in your resignation

“anything”
Really wouldn't..

Told her the company was great but that she constantly undermined me , I had no autonomy for decisions and I constantly felt like I was treading on eggshells that was making me stressed the last couple months. I'm rarely stressed in reality but she pushed my anxiety levels through the roof

Last edited:
Really wouldn't..

Told her the company was great but that she constantly undermined me , I had no autonomy for decisions and I constantly felt like I was treading on eggshells that was making me stressed the last couple months. I'm rarely stressed in reality but she pushed my anxiety levels through the roof
Could be me and my line manager there mate, anxiety has been ramping up over the last few weeks/months. No good having that through work.

Good luck with your new job, hope you have a better time of it.

Right after you’ve pinched all the office stationary and had a shit in your manager’s filing cabinet.
Bloke at one of my customers left the day he was paid. Just walked in, threw the company keys down at the reception desk, said all the company equipment is in the car and walked off.

Equipment was in the car boot. Phone, laptop, work boots, hard hat and hi viz jacket. All stuck in rapidly setting concrete.

I worked at Heathrow for over 30 years and by the end of that time i was desperate to leave. All the shine had gone off it, the managers above me were almost without exception utter fuckwits and it was beginning to depress me. When i got a new job unexpectedly, i couldn't wait to hand my notice in as i knew it would cause a few ripples of anxiety among a few of those around me, but i waited until the end of a disciplinary hearing i was on for a trumped up GDPR violation they were trying to pin on me. It was quite joyous to be able to sit there and fight as dirtily as i could in the hearing, laying into all of those responsible for trying it on knowing it didn't matter for a single moment what i said, there was no longer anything certain people could do to try and piss me off, or worse, force me out.

Then i had to work 8 weeks on notice, and as they were too curmudgeonly to put me on gardening leave as they had done with former colleagues, i dutifully went into work each day. But as i was excluded from all meetings and most email traffic, i spent much of the last two months arriving late and leaving early, and watching angling or comedy videos on YouTube. When i was required to use my experience and to actually interact with others my usual filters went out the window and if something was a shit idea, i let them know it was a shit idea no matter which level of senior manager was proposing it. Felt very liberating.

I've not regretted moving on from there for a single second. I'd forgotten what it was like to be happy in your work. Good luck to you mate!
Copying manager, their manager and HR..

Main reason for leaving is my manager.. so it's the HR exit meeting where the fun is
At my exit interview, the manager who was one of the main reasons for me wanting out was present when he shouldn't have been as he had to share an office for a short time with the bloke who WAS meant to be doing my exit interview. He said "do you mind me being here?" and i said no, as long as you don't mind hearing yourself being criticised and derided for 20 minutes. Enjoyed that.

Last edited:

Back