Best partridge episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish TV exec "Have you ever been to Ireland?"
AP "No I've always wanted to, I'd love to go"
Irish TV exec "It amazes me when people say that and it only costs 49 quid to fly over"
AP "Yes, I think that's what puts me off, anyway that's the small talk over what this television programme. What's De Big Oidea?"

"Which one.......driving miss daisy or Bangkok chick boys"

There are six episodes that were made for radio before it transferred to TV which are brilliant.

Out of the TV episodes, I thought the one with the swingers was the funniest.

There are six episodes that were made for radio before it transferred to TV which are brilliant.

Out of the TV episodes, I thought the one with the swingers was the funniest.

"Don't rub your fanny on me"

The cone conversation with Dave Clifton from Basic Alan:

Alan: That was The Police 'Doo Doo Doo Daa Daa Daa', their gibberish classic, and my tribute to Her Majesty's police. It's nearly seven o'clock. This is Dave Clifton.

Dave: Yes, indeed! Good morning, my name's Dave Clifton, and there goes Alan Partridge, cone but not forgotten!

[Alan forces an appreciative groan, and laughs.]

Dave: You off to see a film, like Cone-an the Barbarian?

Alan:[Slightly annoyed, but still playing along] Yeah, good one.

Dave: Then watch a bit of TV, eh? Like Cone Dancing?

Alan: Yeah. Not so good, but fine.

Dave: Oh, come on Alan. What's the matter with you? Cone't you take a joke?

Alan: Oh, fuck off.

[Dave stares in shocked silence for a second, then regains himself.]

Dave: Actually, I am speechless. Dave Clifton is actually speechless. I don't believe you just said that.

Alan: You don't sound it. I wish you were.

Dave: Well I am. Now, I really don't know what to say. I find it really difficult to find a way -

Alan: [Interrupting] Try saying nothing!

Dave: You and I both know that dead air is a crime, and I think it's terrible that you have to fill it with swearing on your show.

Alan: Unfortunately, Dave, you are bang wrong. It's one minute past seven, it's your show, you're responsible for the output, I am technically a guest and you've failed to control me. Read the small print on your cone-tract.

[Dave looks annoyed.]

Dave: From 'Go West' -

Alan: - Fanny -

Dave: This is 'Call Me'.

That part where he says 'ahh fuck off' gets me every time, so simple but yet so brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back