Benidorm looks like its suffering

Iā€™m right like mate

I am. Thereā€™s nowhere to go anyway. Iā€™m happy enough climbing mountains and taking in the countryside. This next few weeks Iā€™m doing Scafell Pike, Ben Nevis, spa weekend, wild camping in Wales and the Yorkshire Dales. Much rather do that than sit in Benidorm social distancing.
Iā€™d take a week in Benidorm than climbing hills any day. Not that itā€™s one or the other. and spa weekends šŸ˜‚

I Spent 6 months of the panemic watching bargain loving brits abroad on repeat I reckon :lol: seeing the old boys and girls sweating their tits off in their caravans waiting for the onsite clubs 4pm happy hour to kick in :lol:
Most of them are my mates. I was out for a curry with "Happy Days" on Friday. :lol:
I've said before but I categorise places as somewhere I'd go with the lads and somewhere I'd go with my lass and benidorm is both, it's got everything, any sort of holiday you want it to be.
Perfectly summed up, marra.

Last edited:
I've said before but I categorise places as somewhere I'd go with the lads and somewhere I'd go with my lass and benidorm is both, it's got everything, any sort of holiday you want it to be.
Perfectly summed up, marra.
Iā€™m right like mate

I am. Thereā€™s nowhere to go anyway. Iā€™m happy enough climbing mountains and taking in the countryside. This next few weeks Iā€™m doing Scafell Pike, Ben Nevis, spa weekend, wild camping in Wales and the Yorkshire Dales. Much rather do that than sit in Benidorm social distancing.
You knaa that Benidorm is totally surrounded by mountains, right. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
He hasnā€™t bullied anyone on this thread though.

I donā€™t know the poster so havenā€™t a clue whatā€™s gone on in the past.
Hmmmm... The bit about taking the piss out of @The soap powder for being bald sounded a bit like bullying to me.

Last edited:
Were staying at home. folk will have to holiday in the UK.
And will pay twice as much for the "pleasure" than they could go away abroad for.
Why aren't Spanish people flocking to Benidorm to enjoy all that entertainment?
They are. If you head to the old town, it's chocker.

There's very little entertainment going on at the minute, mind and the Spanish tend not to go to entertainment venues anyway cos they're often more expensive and they don't like to spend their money, generally speaking. It isn't uncommon to see a Spanish family in a bar and the father has a pint and the rest of the family sit with nothing to drink, watching him having his pint. It's unbelievable.

Last edited:
Our gaff isn't anywhere near Benidorm but we do visit friends there . There a large parts of Benidorm that are way better than any British seaside resorts .
I had a place 20 yrs ago outside a village called Gorga , which is up from concentaina in the Sierra Mariolla hills. Nearest large town was Alcoy . We used to drive 30 or so miles into Benidorm and visit the Old town regularly loved it. Especially the fact that it was always warmer in the winter than any where els in Spain.

Back