Been a tough week

Discussion in 'SMB' started by offshore, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

I think the OP did all he could. He should be proud of his actions not beat himself up about it.

This

KarenDent, offshore and Reiver like this.
  2. That’s a terrible thing to have to go through.
    I’d like to think I’d react the same as you but I’m not sure I would.
    Sincere condolences for your loss and like everyone else I think your dad would be proud of you for your actions.

Keeping the Faith and offshore like this.
  3. spangle

spangle Goalkeeper Contributor

A very traumatic and upsetting thing to have to see and deal with. You should be proud of yourself for how you dealt with everything,I’m sure your Dad would.

offshore likes this.
  4. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

Sorry for your loss. You did everything and more, and your family should be immensely proud of you.
    Stay safe marra, take care.

offshore likes this.
  5. mickyw

mickyw New Member

Sounds like you've done everything you possibly could mate, don't beat yourself up about it. Sorry for your loss.

offshore likes this.
  6. Sam Handwich

Sam Handwich Winger

Mate!

offshore likes this.
  7. Superbadross

Superbadross Full Back

Don’t feel guilty or remorse mate, you did an absolutely blinding job and I’m sure your dad will be massively proud of your effort.

You’re a hero pal!

Sorry for you and your family’s loss.

Massive respect.

offshore likes this.
  8. Kevsgreat

Kevsgreat Striker

Just echoing others in saying you did the right thing there, I'd not have a clue in that kind of situation so to be calm enough to do what you did is amazing. Really sorry to hear your dad didn't pull through but you gave him the best chance of doing so.

offshore and Salem Street South like this.
  9. wash

wash Central Defender

So sorry for your loss. You did all you could. Remember the good times, having lost 2 people I love very recently you are all in our thoughts

10. raindog

raindog Winger

You did what any responsible son would have done mate, so don't be hard on yourself. So sorry for your loss and just take some condolence that your dad is now at peace.

offshore likes this.
  11. Dmac1969

Dmac1969 Winger

So very sorry for your loss , what a terrible experience for you and your family.

offshore likes this.
  12. offshore

offshore Central Defender

Thanks everyone your words do make me feel a bit better. I seem to be getting better then something sets it off again. I had a few flashbacks last night when trying to sleep so I've booked an appointment with the doctors!! And I never ask for help

13. Flared Hicks

Flared Hicks Striker

You’ve been through a massively traumatic event man, no shame in reaching out for a bit help if it’s needed.

offshore, KarenDent and hungry mouse like this.
  14. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Remember the last time you held his hand and said tara mate. You're responsible for allowing your family to do the same. Big respect.

offshore, KarenDent and HABA87 like this.
  15. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

It's difficult enough in 'normal' circumstances mate. I was at the hospital when my dad died after getting blue lighted up there, and it stings enough. But I didn't have the extra part of trying to save him. You did a grand job.
    Losing someone you've known your entire life is a tough enough one as it is. You're doing the right thing going to the docs, that's what they're there for.

Go steady, and if you need anything shout on here.

offshore likes this.
  16. I feel for you. My mam is 92 and in a care home. I went to see her yesterday and she is so weak I had to feed her orange juice through a straw. She said to me "I am not ganna be very good company so you will have to do the talking". She also said "I'm the world's worst, I haven't got the strength I was born with".

offshore likes this.
  17. chopperrus

chopperrus Midfield

That's awful mate. Hope you're all hoping as best you can.

Thoughts with you all

offshore likes this.
  18. duff_man

duff_man Striker

Those 48hrs gave your brothers one last chance to see him alive, they will forever be grateful to you for that.

19. Goat Eyes

Goat Eyes Striker

Still got her sense of humour though!

offshore and PinzaC55 like this.
  20. HerdnMulhall

HerdnMulhall Central Defender

A truly horrendous situation to find yourself in and I'm sure your Dad would be very proud of you.

offshore likes this.