Been a tough week

Sincere condolences to you and your family. You did what all of us would try to do even though some of us wouldn't be able so you should be proud of yourself. You are unsurprisingly in shock by the trauma of it all and i think you did right going to see the doc. All the best.

This thread is awful and superb at the same time

Awful in what @offshore and family went through and superb in all the messages of support from other posters

I can only echo the sentiments others have put into words better than I can

Tearing up a bit here.

Awful situation to be in and I truly believe you absolutely did the right thing.

Deepest sympathy to you and your family mate.

Tuesday night mam rings to say dad's fell over in the house again ( Parkinsons) only to find him dead on the floor 5 mins after the call. So instinct kicks in and I start working on him as I tell her to ring an ambulance. So I continue for about 10 minutes and I get a response all be it a small one a response. I continue till the ambulance crew turned up. They take over and I still have to do cpr until another crew come. They give him adrenaline and for the first time in about 30 mins he' breathing on his own all be it not very good! They get him in the ambulance and I go with the fast car response woman to a&e. After about 20 mins of being in there I get called into a room to be told he died again in the ambulance and he's been rushed up to iccu. Another 40 mins or so they take us up to be told they have gave him drugs to put him under and is ventilated to help him breath. Doctor says come back tomorrow and we will know more, so me and mam go home (around 3.30am) Wednesday comes and my brothers come up from Kent and we go in to see him. Not a good sight as he's having some sort of fitting thing every few seconds. Doctor takes us down to a room and says well sorry but it looks like he's got massive brain damage from lack of oxygen but they won' know more till 24hrs when they take him off the drugs and try and wake him up... now Thursday and we get there for 12 and doctor says they stopped the drugs and he didn' respond so what do you want to do!!!! It's never a question i thought i would be asked so we said he would never want to be alive as a vegetable so turn it off. Fuck me it was the worst thing I've ever seen someone you love die infront of you!!!! Heart breaking is not the word. I feel like shit for bringing him back and putting him through 48thr of hell.. I just can' stop seeing him on the floor...sorry to go on but I need to tell someone.
It's a hard world we live in mate but he died as we all would want to, in our sleep with our family at our side. It's a tough old journey life but he has sons willing to travel the country to be with him, his wife and you to continue his memory. Death is never easy to deal with. You'll pull through though, take care.

Back