Been a tough week

Discussion in 'SMB' started by offshore, Feb 13, 2018.

1. The Voice Of Reason

The Voice Of Reason Striker Staff Member Contributor

So sorry very sad news

offshore likes this.
  2. Gideon Gungeon

Gideon Gungeon Striker

thoughts are with the op and his family there. wishing them strength during this heartbreaking time.

offshore likes this.
  3. Sorry to here this marra.

For what its worth, I think you did the right thing, both when you found him and in your decision to let him go.

offshore likes this.
  4. Can only echo what everybody else has said and that you have nothing to be sorry for.

Sorry for your loss and RIP to offshore snr.

Keeping the Faith and offshore like this.
  5. BigPete

BigPete Winger

Bloody hell sorry to hear mate that

offshore likes this.
  6. Az*

Az* Striker

Don't blame yourself pal. I would be very proud of my son if he acted how you did. I'm sure your dad will be too.

Keep your head held high mate.

offshore likes this.
  7. 007Iron

007Iron Midfield

Sorry for your loss.

Terrible watching your dad die. I know how you feel. It stays with you. Best wishes to you and yours.

"Staying strong" means fuck all in reality. It'll get to you eventually. When it does, just let it out.

offshore likes this.
  8. Tonysafc

Tonysafc Winger

Fucking hell mate that' aawful.

Sincere condolences to you and your family.

offshore likes this.
  9. That is shite m8. Makes you sit back and really think about life.

You did all of the right things; my thoughts are with you.

offshore likes this.
  10. York

York Midfield

You've done what may could not, you saved your father's life - then handed him to the NHS who tried their best. Don't run yourself down for what is not your fault, or anyone elses, it was just time. Remember all the good times with dad - I'm sure there were many and don't dwell on what you couldn't control. Top work m8, and be proud.

offshore likes this.
  11. You totally did the right thing mate, we all hope we would have done the same
    At least you had that chance with him, my dad died last year from a heart attack, he had managed to call 999, a friend got to him first and didn't know what to do so rang me and I set straight off to his house, I live 10 miles from the house, ambulance was already there when I got there but it was too late for him.

offshore likes this.
  12. The Exile

The Exile Striker

Bloody hell, awful. You did everything you could though, remember that. I'm sure he'd have been grateful and proud of you.

offshore likes this.
  13. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Central Defender

Jeez, that is tragic!.. Sorry for your loss...... as others have said, you did the right thing, so don't feel down about that... you did all that you could do... sadly, in this case it was just not enough as by the sounds of it there was no way of bringing him back.
    I'm sure he would have wanted the best for you all... try not to remember the immediate past... but remember the rest of his life and the better times you had together....

offshore likes this.
  14. Ludwig

Ludwig Midfield Contributor

So sorry to hear about your loss mate , our thoughts are with you .

offshore likes this.
  15. Reiver

Reiver Winger

None of us really know what to do in these situations, not even the experts.

offshore likes this.
  16. Can't add anything to the wonderful wise words that have already been posted, you were brave and loving in tragic circumstances, please accept my sincere condolences.

17. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

Very sad to read this, but I hope it's helped getting it out on here. If you need to vent, keep venting.
    The SMB is a great emotional sponge.

My condolences to your family.

18. MickeyV

MickeyV Midfield

You did the right thing at every turn. Your family got the chance to say goodbye, and even if your Dad was not responding to the things that were said, I strongly believe he would have been feeling and sharing your farewells. That was the gift you gave him in his final hours.
    Sorry for the loss of a man that was obviously much loved. RIP.

19. SAFC2403

SAFC2403 Winger

Fucking hell mate dont really know what to say but sorry for your loss.

At least you were there to help and ensure the rest of your family had the chance to say goodbye and for that you are a fucking hero.

offshore likes this.
  20. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Pretty much word for Word what happened with my father in law. Your actions allowed the family to say goodbye.

foggy, KarenDent and offshore like this.