Bands you've never really liked but went to see to please your other half/mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foreigner at The Apollo, Manchester for me last year. Went there thinking it would be a bit tedious but from John Parr opening with an acoustic set, followed by the excellent Joanne Shaw Taylor and through to Foreigner themselves it was a very enjoyable evening......Great musicians and seemed to have a real rapport with their audience.
Foreigner are a great live band with a top class catalogue of songs.

Howard Jones, 1983, shite.
Sister Sledge, 1984, quite good....had a great night out.
Kool and the Gang, 1984.....shite.
Simply Red, a few times from late 90's onwards. Not really my type of music, but got to be honest.....they class every time ive seen them.

Ive took the mrs to a couple of "my" gigs....Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden and she enjoyed more than she thought she would.

She drew the line at Motorhead though.

You just back from a ban marra?
Nah i wasn't banned. I deleted my account. Just now managed to get it back.

Lost my mam and needed a bit of time without distractions etc. to pull myself together.

Google it. Then try it. Then thank me later.
I know what it is!

i just don't know if that means you don't like Ian brown or you do like Ian brown.... depends how rough you are I guess:lol:

Howard Jones, 1983, shite.
Sister Sledge, 1984, quite good....had a great night out.
Kool and the Gang, 1984.....shite.
Simply Red, a few times from late 90's onwards. Not really my type of music, but got to be honest.....they class every time ive seen them.

Ive took the mrs to a couple of "my" gigs....Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden and she enjoyed more than she thought she would.

She drew the line at Motorhead though.

Saw Simply Red's tour for the Picture Book album and tbf they were fantastic. Best live voice I've ever heard and the brass section was wonderful. Sold out after that album though.

Never as rough as Ian Brown's vocal.
I was at the first comeback gig for the roses at heaton park and they were amazing. Worked V festival 3 months later and they were god awful.

He just hasn't looked after himself at all, even though he's a vegan now it's too little too late.

But for that 1 night I kinda understood what it must have been like in 89 watching them.

I was at the first comeback gig for the roses at heaton park and they were amazing. Worked V festival 3 months later and they were god awful.

He just hasn't looked after himself at all, even though he's a vegan now it's too little too late.

But for that 1 night I kinda understood what it must have been like in 89 watching them.

Watch footage back of Heaton Park. He's dreadful. Mind he has always been. But he looked cool as fuck back in the day, wrote some excellent lyrics and sounded good in the studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back