Bands you've never really liked but went to see to please your other half/mates.

The Sensational Alex Harvey band, wasn't to fussed by the albums I'd heard, but a mate bought me a ticket to see them on Leicester De Montfort hall, on the proviso, that, If I liked them, I'd refund him the money for the ticket, they blew me away, truly were sensational, gladly stumped up for the ticket. one of the best gigs I'd ever been to.

The Sensational Alex Harvey band, wasn't to fussed by the albums I'd heard, but a mate bought me a ticket to see them on Leicester De Montfort hall, on the proviso, that, If I liked them, I'd refund him the money for the ticket, they blew me away, truly were sensational, gladly stumped up for the ticket. one of the best gigs I'd ever been to.

Saw them at The Mecca in Sunderland. As you say a fantastic live band.

The wife had tickets to see Avril Lavigne with our two nieces, then ended up twisting her ankle on the afternoon of the gig.

End result. I was at the Avril Lavigne gig, in the seats with two excitable teens. Luckily it was a train home so I could have a few beers to make it bearable.

It's not like her music wasnt enjoyable or that she wasn't good too look at, but f*** me is she irritating

I've seen her three times and she's amazing. So you admit she's beautiful and her musics good so in what possible way could you find her irritating? She certainly isn't she's lovely. You should count yourself lucky to have seen her.

Last edited:
Was never fussed on the Thrills but I'd just started seeing our lass so took her to see them. They were canny.

Went to see Kelly Clarkson with our lass, my mate and his lass. Kept them happy anyway.

Never really liked the Music but our boy talked me into seeing them. Really liked them after seeing them live.

A few years back I took my daughter to Capital Radio Summertime Ball at Wembley. My wife was supposed to take her but was ill. I had the displeasure of seeing Bieber, Jason Derulo, Rhianna and many more. The only decent act was Dizzy Rascal. A truly horrendous evening.

Back