Bands you've never really liked but went to see to please your other half/mates.

Elbow at the SECC in the snow last year for the wife. One road open out of the north east, got to Glasgow and the gig was delayed 48 hours onto a Monday night. Spent £250 on extra hotel rooms to watch a less than half full gig from miles away, and they did the shittest set I've ever heard. I don't mind some of their stuff by it was all dirge they trotted out. Even Mrs D said it was shit.

Kanye West a few years ago.
I quite like his first album and a couple other songs so didn't think it would be too bad. He was woeful live. I think he ended up getting arrested at Tup Tup Palace

The wife had tickets to see Avril Lavigne with our two nieces, then ended up twisting her ankle on the afternoon of the gig.

End result. I was at the Avril Lavigne gig, in the seats with two excitable teens. Luckily it was a train home so I could have a few beers to make it bearable.

It's not like her music wasnt enjoyable or that she wasn't good too look at, but f*** me is she irritating

Is your other half @dangermows ?
I was more into these bands:

Snap
Level 42
Hue and cry
2unlimited
Technotronic
Erasure
Kitchens of distinction

But my mates thought that they were shite.

Took me missus to see Neil Diamond at Hampden for her 40th a few years ago.

He's not someone I'd say I'm a big fan of and wouldn't have went otherwise but he was surprisingly good.
You were ‘surprised’ that Neil diamond was ‘good’???

:lol:

Last edited:
Foreigner at The Apollo, Manchester for me last year. Went there thinking it would be a bit tedious but from John Parr opening with an acoustic set, followed by the excellent Joanne Shaw Taylor and through to Foreigner themselves it was a very enjoyable evening......Great musicians and seemed to have a real rapport with their audience.

Radiohead

like couple songs but they were going on like it was the best moment of their lives

Back