Australia in Lockdown . ......news

the NSW gov have just reintroduced indoor mask rules, indoor density limits and QR code check-ins due to the increasing case numbers. no drama for me

they should bring mask mandates back in i reckon, most people are still wearing them in shops etc (including me). we're supposed to be going on holiday on Jan 2nd (only up the coast) so i hope we can still make that.
i've just had my booster today and also bought some rapid antigen test kits. the wife and oldest kid had covid tests this week which were negative but we're keeping a low profile over the next week except for christmas day (will use the tests on the day if we/the family want us to).
Didn't realise you had to buy LFTs, how much are they?

Djokovic given a medical exemption to get in to play in the Open

I know the tournament organisers said you needed to be jabbed to participate but what about getting into the country?

Is it case that one must also be jabbed to do that?

If so it’s quite shocking that they’ve caved considering how strict they’ve been down under.

Djokovic given a medical exemption to get in to play in the Open

Another 6 players were given the same exemption as well apparently. Woeful decision.

Covid is rife here now. A few weeks ago I didn’t know anyone personally that had Covid at all, now there’s a few close friends have it or recovering from it.
I was going to the cricket on Saturday but decided against it. The lad who offered me a ticket has it now though reckons he’ll be out of isolation by then

over 45000 new cases in NSW today and over 51000 new cases in Victoria... never imagined it would get so bad, so quickly. loads of families we know have it now, though it's been fairly selective that not everyone in those households has been infected (yet). thankfully most if not all have mild symptoms (so far).

I had a ticket for the cricket today but the lad who offered me the ticket has 'had' it. today is his first day out of isolation BUT he never admitted to having a negative follow up test so i'm not risking it. he was vehemently for vaccinations and doing the right thing up until he caught it and now he doesn't seem to care that he could be still infect others. a few beers at the cricket seems more important.
almost like the measles parties from decades ago.

Makes the last 2 years a waste of time for them.

The NZ PM hasn’t been pontificating on the news for ages either.
Depends how many deaths and long term illnesses they have. Also how swamped their hospitals get. They have rolled out a high level of vaccinations so introducing what appears to be a weaker strain now could work out well for them in the bigger picture.

Back