Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.

My son wants to back up to Bamburgh way if theres a chance of Aurora - hes at work till 9pm so might just pop up that way again, At least I don't have to get up for work tomorrow. Got home at 2.30am last night and up for work at 6.30 was wrecked today.

[DOUBLEPOST=1389374988][/DOUBLEPOST]Second pic from Stag Rock, Bamburgh facing Holy Island

You weren't one of the blokes stood around taking pictures next to the castle last night were you? If you were, I was one of the pissed 20 odd year olds who wandered past down to the dunes about midnight :D

edit: I don't seem to be able to see any of the pictures like, so im not sure where you were ha

You weren't one of the blokes stood around taking pictures next to the castle last night were you? If you were, I was one of the pissed 20 odd year olds who wandered past down to the dunes about midnight :D

edit: I don't seem to be able to see any of the pictures like, so im not sure where you were ha

Nah was up at Bamburgh Golf course.[DOUBLEPOST=1389388922][/DOUBLEPOST]
Any updates?
according to http://www.aurora-service.eu/aurora-forecast/ its going to be quiet tonight[DOUBLEPOST=1389389275][/DOUBLEPOST]
Logon or register to see this image

Dunstanburgh Stars by madmackem, on Flickr

Not the Aurora
by madmackem, on Flickr

Flickr links, as some cant see the gallery

Last edited:
Yep, looks shite

Back to the cheap baileys from lidl

Clear or cloudy?

Did Kenny go?
Clear, I just went up last minute with a mate, wasn't gonna go. Wasn't organised enough to scout a spot before hand so trying to frame a picture in the pitch black is harder than I thought, especially when scrambling over rocks and the waves are crashing in

Clear or cloudy?

Did Kenny go?
Nope, I kept looking out the window here and at midnight it was still overcast so gave it a miss. I might go out tonight to try some star trails as it's meant to be a crystal clear night. I fancy getting myself one of those astro mounts/heads and trying some deep space stuff in the future.
On another note, I watched a documentary last night on hiking up to that volcano that caused all the bother a few years back in Iceland. Amazing scenery, definitely on my bucket list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back