Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been visible for the last 3 nights and expected for the next couple.

I'm gutted I'm on the other side of the world, I see them loads living within the arctic region but its ment to be bigger and better than ever just the wrong time of the year for here

It might be possible to see the Northern Lights from Northern England tonight. Do you reckon they would be visible from the likes of Seaburn\Roker or Seaham beaches or would there be too much light pollution?

If they're substantial enough you might still see them. Even if there's a spot where the coast juts out a bit so you don't have lights to your north that might help.

Lived in Calgary, had a ninth-floor flat that faced north, and even though there was a fair bit of light pollution, still saw some spectacular ones.

Can't see any aurora, but can see Jupiter's moons very clearly tonight with a small telescope and that is in the Liverpool smog/light pollution

Last night was the best night. There's no activity tonight according to here :confused:

http://aurorawatch.lancs.ac.uk/

There's been next to fuck all as far as I can tell[DOUBLEPOST=1389472377][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's been visible for the last 3 nights and expected for the next couple.

I'm gutted I'm on the other side of the world, I see them loads living within the arctic region but its ment to be bigger and better than ever just the wrong time of the year for here

You ain't missed much

Same here. Just been reading that it's supposed to be even stronger tonight.
aha, they always say that[DOUBLEPOST=1393576239][/DOUBLEPOST]
smoker got it, seen the results on flickr.

Never even knew to expect it :(
linky?

Oh, Dangerous dave innit :)[DOUBLEPOST=1393576319][/DOUBLEPOST]Nice, he always goes to his fav dogging layby

Someone post the useful links again, like that 3d map

I keep losing them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back