Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Given that the sky stays clear is there a 'best time' to see any aurora?
Early, just after sunset, or later after my normal bed time?

Ok. Signed up for that lancs uni thing and not had a single alert yet

Where's smokes when you need him? Must be in the shed feeding the ferrets

Im off to Seahouses area, maybe Bamburgh - Will decide when I see what the light is like. Druridge Bay was pretty good last time but have to go up that way anyway. KP7 is expected to hit at midnight-ish. Some canny apps on android market that give alerts based on location.

Im off to Seahouses area, maybe Bamburgh - Will decide when I see what the light is like. Druridge Bay was pretty good last time but have to go up that way anyway. KP7 is expected to hit at midnight-ish. Some canny apps on android market that give alerts based on location.

Where are you hearing about kp7? The sites I'm looking at seem to be playing it down

Sounds like it's turned to shite

Wasting no petrol ere

I am constantly monitoring the aurora forecast websites, Scooby. Not looking good, planetary field too far north.
scooby :lol:

While your ere, someone was asking me about cameras that perform best in low light for star fields (not lengthy motorized exposures) any ideas?[DOUBLEPOST=1389309005][/DOUBLEPOST]kp4 predicted but that only brings it down to shetland as far as I can tell

Last edited by a moderator:
scooby :lol:

While your ere, someone was asking me about cameras that perform best in low light for star fields (not lengthy motorized exposures) any ideas?

Best low light astronomical camera is a peltier cooled CCD camera. For DSLRs, look to full frame Canons - Canon chips have lowest noise at long exposure and full frame have largest pixels for best signal to noise ratio.

Best low light astronomical camera is a peltier cooled CCD camera. For DSLRs, look to full frame Canons - Canon chips have lowest noise at long exposure and full frame have largest pixels for best signal to noise ratio.

I reckon he wants summat cheap like ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back