Ashes Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have just read on cricinfo that Plunkett wasn't an option as he's has a slight hamstring issue.
Dobell said the complete opposite on twitter.

Garton there to not overbowl the others in last warm up.

If Ball recovers no change, Plunkett in if not.

Dobell said the complete opposite on twitter.

Garton there to not overbowl the others in last warm up.

If Ball recovers no change, Plunkett in if not.
Odd. Dobell wrote the bit that I quoted in the match report for the latest warm up match dated yesterday

"it now transpires that Liam Plunkett has a minor hamstring strain and was not deemed fit enough for a call-up as cover"

Odd. Dobell wrote the bit that I quoted in the match report for the latest warm up match dated yesterday

"it now transpires that Liam Plunkett has a minor hamstring strain and was not deemed fit enough for a call-up as cover"
So maybe just pandering to everyone on twitter then :lol:

But yeah he says in another article they will look to Plunkett

Last edited:
I'm going to an Ashes legends breakfast on the Thursday on the first day of the test at the WACA. Hosted by Justin Langer

friend of the wife has a tabel of 10 for it and said there is a coupel spare places if I want one... cracking considering its a $100 breakfast

I think we'll get mullered like.
Not good enough either with bat or ball.
Not that the Aussies are that good, but they'll not need to be.
3 nowt.

Broad was shit in the summer also. Worried about him this tour

If Stokes returns, there will have to be a bowler dropped. It wouldn't surprise me if Overton and Woakes outperform Broad - but there's no way they'd drop Broad before those two regardless of form.

Another 50 for Rocky. Probaly average about 9 in the test series !

Madeline hundred! Cook with 70 too, nice little confidence booster for them both, which atleast should give the side confidence for now that the opener berth isn't such a concern. However yet another pretty 20 ofd for Vaughan's mate Vince. He really shouldn't be there.

Madeline hundred! Cook with 70 too, nice little confidence booster for them both, which atleast should give the side confidence for now that the opener berth isn't such a concern. However yet another pretty 20 ofd for Vaughan's mate Vince. He really shouldn't be there.

Aye decent stuff. Vince dismissal was awful apparently. Caught off a bump ball. Half the squad probably shouldnt be there although I'm a little more encouraged than I was a few weeks ago. Still reckon Broad will be just about finished with Test cricket by the end of the series.

3 - 1 Australia. But going for it to still be alive going into the last test. Reckon we might win in Adelaide.

Warner
Bancroft
Khawaja
Smith
Handscomb
Marsh
Paine
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Lyon

Aussies likely XI for first test according to reports

Kneejerk reaction to remove Renshaw.

A complete bonkers decision to recall paine. I thought they might put bancroft at 6 and play Nevill.

Shaun Marsh at 6 is completely weird. Leaves them with only 4 bowling options and cummins is a crock.

Doffs cap to Aussie selectors, for giving us more of a chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back