Ashes Build Up Thread

Meh.

They can put their Under13 side out, and they'll still steamroller us.
Without Stokes we're fucked anyway.

This sadly. Can't get up for it at all now. Wasn't optimistic before the incident but still had hope but can't be arsed with it now.

Looking forward to the NZ series, although we'll probably be mentally shot by then. Saffers v India followed by the convict bastards in the new year should be good as well but it will be a long slog til then.

This sadly. Can't get up for it at all now. Wasn't optimistic before the incident but still had hope but can't be arsed with it now.

Looking forward to the NZ series, although we'll probably be mentally shot by then. Saffers v India followed by the convict bastards in the new year should be good as well but it will be a long slog til then.

Give over

It's gonna be class

They could wheel Shane Watson out and still destroy us.

Why? Load of shite that mate

Still think we've missed a trick not having Patel/Rashid at 8. It's an insult to Moeen Ali, batting him at 8 while numbers 2, 3 and 5 are failing. I'd be having a word with Root (who has to bat at 3) if I was him. Rashid/Patel have 36 FC 100s between them and offer something different with the ball when things are going wrong. Mason Crane is an awful selection.

Still think we've missed a trick not having Patel/Rashid at 8. It's an insult to Moeen Ali, batting him at 8 while numbers 2, 3 and 5 are failing. I'd be having a word with Root (who has to bat at 3) if I was him. Rashid/Patel have 36 FC 100s between them and offer something different with the ball when things are going wrong. Mason Crane is an awful selection.

It's nothing short of ridiculous now that one of the best batsman in the world can't step up just one place in the order!

Leaving inexperienced batsman who are no way near his class to bat at the problem postition of number 3.

Big players take big responsibilities for big games and big series not just bat where they prefer,

My team without Stokes would have been

Stoneman
Cook
Robson
Root
Ballance
Ali
Bairstow
Woakes
Plunkett
Broad
Jimmy