Ashes Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kneejerk reaction to remove Renshaw.

A complete bonkers decision to recall paine. I thought they might put bancroft at 6 and play Nevill.

Shaun Marsh at 6 is completely weird. Leaves them with only 4 bowling options and cummins is a crock.

Doffs cap to Aussie selectors, for giving us more of a chance.
Still got part time option but risky

Kneejerk reaction to remove Renshaw.

A complete bonkers decision to recall paine. I thought they might put bancroft at 6 and play Nevill.

Shaun Marsh at 6 is completely weird. Leaves them with only 4 bowling options and cummins is a crock.

Doffs cap to Aussie selectors, for giving us more of a chance.
Have they given a reason why they have dropped Renshaw? I thought he was a certainty to open.

Have they given a reason why they have dropped Renshaw? I thought he was a certainty to open.
Cos he’s scored 70 in 6 Shield innings and Bancroft has 450

Seems kneejerk as Renshaw looks handy, but I suppose when both openers makes it a tough decision. I’d have thought they’d have both played.

Renshaw is Cousins with an occasional poster off here I think.

The wicketkeeping selection is baffling mind.

Paine has one FC hundred in his career!

When I started watching cricket people would have just accepted the best gloveman being in. Funny how things change. I agree with the modern/ your philosophy more though.

Renshaw is Cousins with an occasional poster off here I think.

When I started watching cricket people would have just accepted the best gloveman being in. Funny how things change. I agree with the modern/ your philosophy more though.
Gilchrist changed all that. Now every country wants a batsmen who can keep

I know fuck all about Cricket but why are people (press) saying we are in a mess and have no hope in the upcoming Ashes series. I thought we had a cany team who were up there with the best?

I know fuck all about Cricket but why are people (press) saying we are in a mess and have no hope in the upcoming Ashes series. I thought we had a cany team who were up there with the best?

Reasonable question to ask. Both teams are much more reliable at home and Stokes missing makes it more difficult. The general feeling is that our batting will be fragile against their quick bowling and that our bowlers, while decent, don't necessarily have the skill set to be as effective on their pitches. How England bat first up in the first test will be the benchmark for the series I think.

Reasonable question to ask. Both teams are much more reliable at home and Stokes missing makes it more difficult. The general feeling is that our batting will be fragile against their quick bowling and that our bowlers, while decent, don't necessarily have the skill set to be as effective on their pitches. How England bat first up in the first test will be the benchmark for the series I think.
Cheers for that, makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back