Ashes Build Up Thread

Fully expect an Australian victory but I reckon it will be closer than some imagine. If they can keep Cummins fit (big ask) and win the toss (allowing Warner and Smith to cement their statuses as flat track bullies, thus putting scoreboard pressure on our mentally weak top 6) I'd have them as strong favourites for a 3-1 win.

From the Guardian

The day dawned with causes for optimism for England in Australia’s squad for the first two Tests – a new-look top seven, a coach with a more recent hundred than the keeper and no fifth bowler.
:lol::lol:

Not a very encouraging finish to the tour match. But we already knew that we have fuck all to offer on flat pitches. Bat first and bat long, very long, then hope the pitch gets uneven later on is our only hope I think. And win in Adelaide when conditions should be friendlier, that's a must.

Can't wait...overseas test match special..time differences, staying up late rather than getting up early for UK matches..none of my friends having a f***ing clue what I am talking about, it aint soccer V football, its total cluenessness. The missus makes an effort for SAFC and football..but cricket..forget it...She's' Russian and Stalin long ago burned all the stumps.

Excited as fuck. ( think we'll get beat mind)

Can't believe that come Wednesday night, we'll be watching Ashes cricket :cool:.

Excited as fuck.

Who's watching the first session? Who will be watching the lot?!!
I’m working away and will be starting 7:30 every morning. We’re gonna be busy so I’ll have to box clever with how much kip I get. Determined to see at least 2 sessions a night though

Starting to get a tad excited. I know by half 11 Wednesday night, I'll be bouncing off the ceiling.

Still can't see us winning a Test, but it's always better when you expect little and receive a lot..

Just reading some of the stuff about the Gabba atmosphere.

“Trott, Trott, your mums got vaginal rot”

Sorry like, but that’s not banter, it’s got no place in cricket. Australians really are classless fuckers at times

Really looking forward to it. Got Thurs & Fri off work. Will be watching til I nod off. Forecast not great. Lots of showers about. Hopefully it'll swing plenty and Anderson will skittle the horrible twats.

Havent decided on my strategy for following yet. First session of first test then probably flip to last session after then. Certainly on school days.

Can't believe that come Wednesday night, we'll be watching Ashes cricket :cool:.

Excited as fuck.

Who's watching the first session? Who will be watching the lot?!!

I've got the whole series off bar a couple of Day 5s (you only need to get the mornings off to do Adelaide and Perth).

This week the plan is kip 2130-2330, pub for first hour then take it from there. The 0200-0240 Lunch break sorts the men from the boys but I'm determined to get through it ;)

Mates staying over Saturday night after Burton for local then cans at mine til the small hours too. Happy days!

I've got the whole series off bar a couple of Day 5s (you only need to get the mornings off to do Adelaide and Perth).

This week the plan is kip 2130-2330, pub for first hour then take it from there. The 0200-0240 Lunch break sorts the men from the boys but I'm determined to get through it!

Mates staying over Saturday night after Burton for local then cans at mine til the small hours too. Happy days :).
:lol: lunatic

This week the plan is kip 2130-2330, pub for first hour then take it from there. The 0200-0240 Lunch break sorts the men from the boys but I'm determined to get through it!

Mates staying over Saturday night after Burton for local then cans at mine til the small hours too. Happy days :).
:lol:love it brother!

Nah no chance of a two week pass out unfortunately. Hoping to do a week in Negumbo for the Columbo Text next year though. Half the cost, half the travel, more random and a better night out.
Yeah, it ain't cheap like but at least it's nudging a bit more in our favour. I just follow the happy hours around!!

This week the plan is kip 2130-2330, pub for first hour then take it from there. The 0200-0240 Lunch break sorts the men from the boys but I'm determined to get through it ;)

Mates staying over Saturday night after Burton for local then cans at mine til the small hours too. Happy days!

You're right about that lunch break :lol:.

I'll definitely be attempting to stay up for Day 1 this week, I'll probably be feeling the effects come Day 2, but I'll use the weekend to catch up on sleep - cause I'll just tape the full day and watch it as live at a more sensible hour during weekends.

Depending on performance I'll see how things go for the Second and Third Tests, but for the last two I'll be off work. Just booked me Christmas holidays in today - off from 20th December til 8th January :cool:

Back