Arrivals

So is the thought that Macintosh got annoyed and refused to play? Doesn't seem likely and if it was me as the coach that would be him gone, you can't have professional players being that unprofessional. I think that scenario is v. unlikely touch wood.
To be fair I didn't suggest that Macintosh refused to play -he's be breaking his contract if he did that. I was suggesting a disagreement with the coach and was dropped because of it.

To be fair I didn't suggest that Macintosh refused to play -he's be breaking his contract if he did that. I was suggesting a disagreement with the coach and was dropped because of it.
He was named in the squad yesterday, so you think he has an argument with Killeen this morning and we manage to loan a player in and bring him up from Warwickshire in time to play at 10.30 today?

It's absolutely rank speculation

Our bowling has been largely nullified by the pitches this season (Matty P excepted). That isn't going to change next year, because flat pitches are the ECB and Key's preferred option to improve batting and to develop faster bowlers and better spinners for England. That's the route we have to go down, I think. The days of the 70 to 80 mph bowler are numbered.
I'd always prioritise a very decent spinner as our other overseas player, given that Bedders now takes the first berth. I wouldn't touch an overseas batter with a bargepole and I've never understood why we go down that route year in, year out. It seems to me that our greatest squad weakness has been the lack of a wicket taking spinner and I think that has been true since Blackwell finished. I've always thought that was blindingly obvious but for some reason no-one at Durham CCC has ever agreed with me
Pitches and balls don’t look to have helped this year around the country. To say 70-80mph bowler’s days are numbered shows a lack of knowledge. Bowling mid to high 80s, even 90 can’t just be done, you don’t roll them off the conveyor belt.

He was named in the squad yesterday, so you think he has an argument with Killeen this morning and we manage to loan a player in and bring him up from Warwickshire in time to play at 10.30 today?

We’ve seen this before. The comms guys don’t always seem to be in possession of the latest facts when they post the squad. That injury almost certainly happened well before the squad was published.

We’ve seen this before. The comms guys don’t always seem to be in possession of the latest facts when they post the squad. That injury almost certainly happened well before the squad was published.
Possibly, or he was willing to play injured if we couldn't find cover.

Still surprised people aren't kicking off that we've signed someone on loan instead of playing mustard junior

Tom Mac is injured. Botham said so at the Defenders meeting this evening.

This is the correct response. There are comments on Durhams Facebook post that are bewildering. We have signed one of the best keeper/batters on the circuit and yet people are trying their best to find negatives.

Can't say I'm surprised, social media is a f***ing scourge of society

Durham had to sign a keeper as the current reserve is only 16. It should be a good battle between Robinson and Mcintosh over the next few years with hopefully Mustard pushing them in a couple if seasons.

Anyone know what the crack is with like Rushworth? Does he have another year in his contract or is he up this year? I hear he and Franklin didn’t get on at all so guessing he’d be more inclined to stay now that he’s gone or maybe he fancies a new challenge elsewhere once his contracts up?

Back