Arrivals

Batting looked solid at the start of this season anarl tbf but let's stay positive.

Lees, Jones, borthwick, bedingham, Bushnell, Trevaskis, Robinson, Coughlin, Raine, McAlindon, Rushworth

Would you say? With depth in Clark, Mckinney, Whitfield, Crawshaw, Mackintosh, Doneathy, Carse, Gibson, Killeen, Drissell

I'd say the holes look to be opening bat cover for lees and a more reliable bowler than coughlin - preferably one who can open the bowling with rushy?

if we are being greedy maybe sometime who can captain but I'm doing to give borthwick another go under a head coach who isn't Franklin.
re: Borthwick.

I'm for saying he's hasn't been a good captain but not saying he is either, I just don't know, so I'll give him the benefit. All I know is it's a lot easier to be a good captain when your team is firing on all cylinders than when it's not and I don't think that anything significant could be done with the bowling mid-season as it fell apart for the reasons we've discussed in other threads ad nauseam.

Now and the next few months is when next year's bowling needs to be fixed and now is when we have no coach.

re: Borthwick.

I'm for saying he's hasn't been a good captain but not saying he is either, I just don't know, so I'll give him the benefit. All I know is it's a lot easier to be a good captain when your team is firing on all cylinders than when it's not and I don't think that anything significant could be done with the bowling mid-season as it fell apart for the reasons we've discussed in other threads ad nauseam.

Now and the next few months is when next year's bowling needs to be fixed and now is when we have no coach.
Aye squad strength and having a coach and captain who get on.

Down Glamorgan i was fairly Impressed, morale seemed good and he made some decisions that immediately paid off. As the season progresses everything fell apart.

Don't get us wrong if a great candidate became available I'd be all for it. Iv no idea internally but i wouldn't be surprised if even borthwick would like that. It feels much like the mustard situation, we just need another colly

Aye squad strength and having a coach and captain who get on.

Down Glamorgan i was fairly Impressed, morale seemed good and he made some decisions that immediately paid off. As the season progresses everything fell apart.

Don't get us wrong if a great candidate became available I'd be all for it. Iv no idea internally but i wouldn't be surprised if even borthwick would like that. It feels much like the mustard situation, we just need another colly
Ollie Robinson? He’s captained Kent before. Maybe Alex Lees as he might not be away with England now?

I think Borthwick deserves the chance to captain the side under the new coach.
He'll have learned a lot these last two seasons and it won't have been easy under Franklin, and I can't see any other options at the moment.

Division 2 counties are already making smart moves on their overseas for next season. Sussex have got Pujara and Jayden Seales for the first 3 months while Leicestershire have brought in Rahane

There’s an absolute lack of senior pace bowlers available to sign, it’s gonna be a struggle to find anyone of any use IMO
The overseas signing is going to be crucial to any success we have this season.

We really need a top class seamer who's available all season, but that's easier said than done.

The overseas signing is going to be crucial to any success we have this season.

We really need a top class seamer who's available all season, but that's easier said than done.

Yeah I doubt we will get someone the whole season, might have to be a couple lads in patches

It’s why hogan unretired, got such a good deal from Kent as there is a lack of options

If Sowter has signed for t20 (which appears very realistic move for player and club) then i can honestly see Durham making only one more signing before the start of the season probably a seasoned opening bowler from overseas.
Then during the season rely on loans from other counties or the odd short term overseas player parachuted in for say the t20.
Podmore now left Kent for Glammy, feels like a swap for Hogan.

Last edited:

Back