Arrivals

Hasan Ali signs for Warwickshire

Could have been an option him surely

I hope we are not restricting ourselves to players with links to Western Australia

The amount of Pakistan cricketers in the CC is huge and consistent yet we seem to be nowhere near them

I know sport is about contacts at time but there is nothing I hate more in cricket and football than people having no imagination with recruitment

On a side note rumours Gleeson might be signing a 2 year deal with a div 2 side as he wants to play red ball

Not out of the question it’s Durham considering our location?

Last edited:
Darren Stevens is a top man who fits the bill as coach, and so does Ryan Campbell. Both excellent coaches and v popular with players, so a happy dressing room would be guaranteed.

Looks like an overseas bowler could be on the way...

DURHAM director of cricket Marcus North has revealed that the club will be targeting an overseas bowler to fill the void of Chris Rushworth’s departure. Rushworth was allowed to leave Durham for personal reasons after a distinguished career for the county lasting over ten years. The 36-year-old finished his time at Chester-le-Street as Durham’s all-time leading wicket taker, notching 821 wickets in all formats, including 603 in first-class cricket.

North has admitted that the task of replacing Rushworth is extremely challenging, but will be looking to ease the burden on his current crop of bowlers by pursuing an experienced overseas bowler.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/s...rget-overseas-bowler-replace-chris-rushworth/

Looks like an overseas bowler could be on the way...

DURHAM director of cricket Marcus North has revealed that the club will be targeting an overseas bowler to fill the void of Chris Rushworth’s departure. Rushworth was allowed to leave Durham for personal reasons after a distinguished career for the county lasting over ten years. The 36-year-old finished his time at Chester-le-Street as Durham’s all-time leading wicket taker, notching 821 wickets in all formats, including 603 in first-class cricket.

North has admitted that the task of replacing Rushworth is extremely challenging, but will be looking to ease the burden on his current crop of bowlers by pursuing an experienced overseas bowler.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/s...rget-overseas-bowler-replace-chris-rushworth/

“James was with the club for four years and he implemented some great changes and influenced key behaviours”. North’s way of saying he did bugger all on the pitch for us basically 🤣
Not sure if he will be in the Ashes squad but Scot Boland would be a decent "like for like replacement" although if available i would think a few counties would be intetested.
Great shout. Or someone like JHye Richardson or would he be in the ashes squad?

“James was with the club for four years and he implemented some great changes and influenced key behaviours,” :lol: :lol:

"“It is an exciting time for the club" - really??? I am absolutely petrified for next season after what I witnessed this season. Nowt exciting about been thrashed again Surrey 2nd XI in the One Day Cup for example.

"There are very exciting candidates available" - so why is it taking so long?

"“Most importantly, it's about their character" - Franklin didn't have any of that

“James was with the club for four years and he implemented some great changes and influenced key behaviours,” :lol: :lol:

"“It is an exciting time for the club" - really??? I am absolutely petrified for next season after what I witnessed this season. Nowt exciting about been thrashed again Surrey 2nd XI in the One Day Cup for example.

"There are very exciting candidates available" - so why is it taking so long?

"“Most importantly, it's about their character" - Franklin didn't have any of that

All a load of PR bollocks.

If North was being truthful he'd say " We've been going backwards for a while now and we need a decent coach but that would cost a lot of money and it's easier for me to bring in one of my mates".

All a load of PR bollocks.

If North was being truthful he'd say " We've been going backwards for a while now and we need a decent coach but that would cost a lot of money and it's easier for me to bring in one of my mates".

All I’d say is we’ve had plays develop nicely, and had 3 more players play for England under them

For a 2nd div team who were in turmoil that’s impressive and why the club actually exists and was created

Durham wasn’t really given first class status to sign a load of county pros and be your average county side was it. It’s to give lads in the area the chance to play first class cricket

We’ve signed 6 more lads on rookie deals, what I’m looking for next year personally is for some of these to kick on and cement their places

I know I seem increasingly alone on this

Not saying I’m massively convinced on north mind as I’m not and he needs to lose his realiance on Western Australia

Last edited:

Back