Archie Battersbee Case

No it was an emotive statement
Was this what you objected to?

“It’s often the same craic when illegal immigrants or refugee’s commit crime or muslims carry out acts of terrorism. MSM will fall overthemselves to NOT report their status / race / religion even though it’s often the elephant in the room.”

I’m sorry if it doesnt suit your narrative but it’s the truth.

“It’s often the same craic when illegal immigrants or refugee’s commit crime or muslims carry out acts of terrorism. MSM will fall overthemselves to NOT report their status / race / religion even though it’s often the elephant in the room.”

You've been bleating on this thread about other posters not showing respect and now you're pushing your own agenda. Kindly fuck off.

Not at all, I objected to the subject matter and the false reporting of suffocation.

But you already knew that

Not at all, I objected to the subject matter and the false reporting of suffocation.

But you already knew that
Ah sorry. I didnt realise that was what you meant.

Yeah I agree with you
You've been bleating on this thread about other posters not showing respect and now you're pushing your own agenda. Kindly fuck off.
Tbf i’ve had my eyes opened as to his mothers craic although I still feel loads of pity for her. And i’ve absolutely no agenda at all. I’m just stating cold hard facts:

That it is often the case many mainstream media outlets will intentionally omit statements and key facts about certain stories and cases and incidents seemingly in an effort not to stir up hatred or controversy.

Last edited:
Ah sorry. I didnt realise that was what you meant.

Yeah I agree with you

Tbf i’ve had my eyes opened as to his mothers craic although I still feel loads of pity for her. And i’ve absolutely no agenda at all. I’m just stating cold hard facts:

That it is often the case many mainstream media outlets will intentionally omit statements and key facts about certain stories and cases and incidents seemingly in an effort not to stir up hatred or controversy.
You literally criticised people for “stating cold hard facts” about his condition 2 days ago.

Cannot comprehend how everybody involved in this case are feeling right now, particularly his parents. My heart breaks for them. RIP little fella 💔
My thoughts entirely, can’t stop thinking about this lovely little boy.

It’s sad but a blessing, for him, he’s died and is at peace. RIP Archie 🥲

Iv‘e tried, despite my concerns, to be as sympathetic to his mam as I could be but, in my experience of losing people I loved, I had no energy and more importantly no wish to speak to the press, to describe what happened, or be explicit about how he turned blue and how it was barbaric.

My sympathy for her losing a son is undiminished, my sympathy for her, as awful as it sounds in the way she’s behaved, I’m sorry, it’s almost non existent.

You literally criticised people for “stating cold hard facts” about his condition 2 days ago.
Fair cop to some extent, Its just a bit disrespectful from strangers sat behind a keyboard imo (and in fairness I didnt realise at the time the full extent of his mothers issues)

I think everyone has every empathy and sadness for Archie.

But, I actually don’t think it’s a trying to score points situation, it’s an awful scenario, that raises many genuine and serious moral dilemmas and issues that are worthy of debate.
And a lot of questions about what happened to him in the first place. But those are for another day.

I’ll hold my hands up I was fairly damning of people who were [being graphic &] attacking his mother a few days ago. And whilst I still feel should be given leeway and have pity for her I really didnt realise some of the tripe she was uttering on facebook. She’s clearly either

A. Being badly advised
B. Suffering from some terrible mental health (you’d not blame her).
C. Is of very questionable repute & stock (i was going to write something far worse and more personal)

For the record having just seen the statement made to the press.

Archie did not "suffocate" and the press have a duty to point this out when reporting the statement.

This is an awful emotive subject and clear defined reporting MUST now be done
I don’t think in that press conference she was referring to the initial incident where his mother found him hanging from the banisters at home with a dressing gown cord around his neck.
I think the suffocation comment was to do with the withdrawal of his ventilator.

Personally I think the problem with her in how she has behaved is the guilt associated with how he died.

I don’t think in that press conference she was referring to the initial incident where his mother found him hanging from the banisters at home with a dressing gown cord around his neck.
I think the suffocation comment was to do with the withdrawal of his ventilator.

Personally I think the problem with her in how she has behaved is the guilt associated with how he died.
The suffocation comment was totally to do with today and the withdrawal of his life support. The fact sky news still have that in their report is both disgusting and dangerous.
I’ll hold my hands up I was fairly damning of people who were [being graphic &] attacking his mother a few days ago. And whilst I still feel should be given leeway and have pity for her I really didnt realise some of the tripe she was uttering on facebook. She’s clearly either

A. Being badly advised
B. Suffering from some terrible mental health (you’d not blame her).
C. Is of very questionable repute & stock (i was going to write something far worse and more personal)
That is part of the reason people have and continue to speak in cold hard facts.

Its also the reason the cold hard facts need reporting by the main stream media

Last edited:

Back