Archie Battersbee Case

Just found out how he ended up in hospital. What a tragic waste. A TikTok challenge!!
That's according to his mother, but there isn't any evidence that such a challenge exists. If there had been, it would have been all over the news and TikTok would have been in damage control overdrive rather than releasing one statement about it. The press would have had a field day alongside the one they are having now.

That's according to his mother, but there isn't any evidence that such a challenge exists. If there had been, it would have been all over the news and TikTok would have been in damage control overdrive rather than releasing one statement about it. The press would have had a field day alongside the one they are having now.
There is evidence the challenge exists, several children have died after watching videos and lawsuits are in progress against Tik Tok albeit in the USA. What isn’t entirely clear is whether or not Archie was influenced by similar videos and that will no doubt be looked in to via any investigation/ coroner’s report in the future.

There is evidence the challenge exists, several children have died after watching videos and lawsuits are in progress against Tik Tok albeit in the USA. What isn’t entirely clear is whether or not Archie was influenced by similar videos and that will no doubt be looked in to via any investigation/ coroner’s report in the future.
It's a 'challenge' that's done the rounds for decades. In any case, there'll be an inquest and it'll all come out then. TikTok are very good at sharing data with authorities in sad cases like this.

It's a 'challenge' that's done the rounds for decades. In any case, there'll be an inquest and it'll all come out then. TikTok are very good at sharing data with authorities in sad cases like this.
Certainly pre dates tik tok but does seem to have had a resurgence. Sadly it will probably do so again because of the media interest in this case. I’m reasonably impressed that the usual media sources haven’t focused on that so far as I suspect it would lead to more people trying it rather than educating of the dangers and putting people off.

Certainly pre dates tik tok but does seem to have had a resurgence. Sadly it will probably do so again because of the media interest in this case. I’m reasonably impressed that the usual media sources haven’t focused on that so far as I suspect it would lead to more people trying it rather than educating of the dangers and putting people off.
I'd argue the opposite - every bit of media I've read has mentioned a TikTok challenge, and they shouldn't. Evidence be damned, you don't want kids going looking for it. Either give more information and warning than a throwaway line or don't mention it at all.

I'd argue the opposite - every bit of media I've read has mentioned a TikTok challenge, and they shouldn't. Evidence be damned, you don't want kids going looking for it. Either give more information and warning than a throwaway line or don't mention it at all.
Fair point, it’s often mentioned but not in depth. You’re right though, better that no one goes looking for it.

Appeal lost. Hopefully for Archie’s sake this is the end of the line.
"Like I just feel this hospital have so much to answer for and I don’t really know what else to say today.”

Wow. I mean they're only providing round the clock intensive care for months, but hey! That's not enough apparently.
The woman needs to stop taking interviews, she'll end up saying something she regrets.

Yeah I've not mentioned anything to my bairn, he asked what happened and i left out the tik tok info as I don't want him looking for anything like that.

"Like I just feel this hospital have so much to answer for and I don’t really know what else to say today.”

Wow. I mean they're only providing round the clock intensive care for months, but hey! That's not enough apparently.
The woman needs to stop taking interviews, she'll end up saying something she regrets.
Based on threats she's made on social media, this is all precursor to a coming lawsuit. I don't think she'll regret it at all.
Yeah I've not mentioned anything to my bairn, he asked what happened and i left out the tik tok info as I don't want him looking for anything like that.
I wouldn't know where to start explaining all this to a child.

She's being led by the nose by arseholes preying on her grief. Awful to see.

Bit daft really. Nothing the public hates more than someone slagging off the NHS

Back