Archie Battersbee Case

Fighting tooth and nail to have them continue to treat him despite not trusting them to do so
It takes some mental gymnastics to even work out never mind vocalise

I think someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, this will likely result in a medical negligence claim against the NHS as well which is even more of a circus. Somehow I don't think the legal reps will be happy to go pro bono on that one

Last edited:
I'm so sorry mate. I watched my parents go through it and I can only describe them as utterly broken.
Same, my parents have had to go through it twice. I can't begin to imagine their pain even though I saw it first hand. It was hard enough for me losing both my sisters but for them to lose two of their three daughters (I'm the only one left), I honestly don't know how they are still here. They are totally different people to what they were when my sisters were alive.

@chunksafc I'm really sorry for your loss, it doesn't matter how long ago it was, the pain is always still there in the background.

Getting to a point where she's blaming the hospital and failing to see the bigger picture now. She says she's going to keep on fighting even though been refused permission to move him to a hospice.

Time she gave up the fight, and start grieving properly. A huge thanks to the NHS for doing all they could to save her son wouldn't go amiss either. If I've missed this, I apologise.

Getting to a point where she's blaming the hospital and failing to see the bigger picture now. She says she's going to keep on fighting even though been refused permission to move him to a hospice.

Time she gave up the fight, and start grieving properly. A huge thanks to the NHS for doing all they could to save her son wouldn't go amiss either. If I've missed this, I apologise.
Don't think you have missed this...and doesn't sound as though it will be forthcoming

Don't think you have missed this...and doesn't sound as though it will be forthcoming

I get she's hurting. But she's blaming the wrong people here. They gave Archie the best possible chance of living. It hasn't worked out. God knows who she is listening to to fight against the NHS so much, but it's not doing her own health any good.

If by "huge thanks" you mean "frivolous lawsuit" it'll come. Don't worry.
I get she's hurting. But she's blaming the wrong people here. They gave Archie the best possible chance of living. It hasn't worked out. God knows who she is listening to to fight against the NHS so much, but it's not doing her own health any good.
Religious extremists and facebook knackers.

Thank you, they do and don't mate.

I remember the unbelievable care from the hospital, the grief the nurses felt when my son passed and how they allowed us time to say goodbye. Two even came to the funeral which meant an awful lot to me and my family.

To read the accusations being made against these amazing nurses and doctors is more upsetting as it seems not one person in the press or the courts has considered the impact it is and will have on them

Alcohol, alcohol and more alcohol for a while, then an amazing grief councillor and most of all time
Have to agree about the accusations being made towards the doctors and nurses, it really upset me, given that, like you, I know the effort they put in and the care they show not just to the child but to the family too
Thank you, they do and don't mate.

I remember the unbelievable care from the hospital, the grief the nurses felt when my son passed and how they allowed us time to say goodbye. Two even came to the funeral which meant an awful lot to me and my family.

To read the accusations being made against these amazing nurses and doctors is more upsetting as it seems not one person in the press or the courts has considered the impact it is and will have on them

Alcohol, alcohol and more alcohol for a while, then an amazing grief councillor and most of all time
Have to agree about the accusations being made towards the doctors and nurses, it really upset me, and if I’m honest, angered me, given that, like you, I know the effort they put in and the care they show not just to the child but to the family too

Back