Archie Battersbee Case

just find the wording when discussing this poor young boy, to be really sick, some of the cold hearted terms and matter of fact craic that has been uttered (not by all, by some). In addition to the libelous stuff said about his poor mother. No need for it at all.

My stalker returns

I think the issue is they arent very emotive Pancho. It’s someones baby dying before their eyes.

We can all have our opinions but do people at this stage need to be going on and on HE HAS ENDLESS DIAHORREA or HIS BRAINS IN HIS SPINE or HES DEAD or saying his mother wants him alive as she cant face the reasons he ***** to **** ******* (!). Its crass, disgusting, and lacking in respect.

And true to form the more i’ve objected to it the more some of these posters have gone down that trajectory of tastelessness.
Right, you've said your piece.

We don't want to start deleting posts when things inevitably get heated, so can we all now please move on.

Thank you.

We can all have our opinions but do people at this stage need to be going on and on HE HAS ENDLESS DIAHORREA or HIS BRAINS IN HIS SPINE or HES DEAD or saying his mother wants him alive as she cant face the reasons he ***** to **** ******* (!). Its crass, disgusting, and lacking in respect.

And true to form the more i’ve objected to it the more some of these posters have gone down that trajectory of tastelessness.
I'll engage in good faith here - yes. It's important to highlight the facts of the case beyond the media narrative that implies he's asleep or in a coma or something. That's the thing - I'm not simply passing an opinion when I talk about the situation he is in, I'm stating facts.

Everything I posted about above came from court documents from various appeals. I understand that you're thinking of the mother first and foremost, but I'm more concerned with the lad himself, and keeping him in the state he is in isn't just disrespectful, it's downright inhumane.

I'll engage in good faith here - yes. It's important to highlight the facts of the case beyond the media narrative that implies he's asleep or in a coma or something. That's the thing - I'm not simply passing an opinion when I talk about the situation he is in, I'm stating facts.

Everything I posted about above came from court documents from various appeals. I understand that you're thinking of the mother first and foremost, but I'm more concerned with the lad himself, and keeping him in the state he is in isn't just disrespectful, it's downright inhumane.
He'd dropped 10kg due to being unable to hold onto fluids or "food"

The mother now saying the “wrong MRI scan” was sent to court and it wasn’t his :eek:
Really seems the wrong people are in her ear and given her understandable state she’s easy pray for the Christian law groups and snake oil Doctors
That isn’t entirely beyond the realms of possibility but provided the evidence given by experts was based on the correct scan not necessarily relevant.

That isn’t entirely beyond the realms of possibility but provided the evidence given by experts was based on the correct scan not necessarily relevant.
That was covered in the court case as well.

“I have noted from bundle 3 of the medical records (page 1877) that on 31st May 2022 before the MRI scan was carried out, Archie's mother had said that the scans she had seen had not had Archie's name on them. A medical professional had then taken the mother to the PACS system which is the computer system which stores all NHS scans and shown Archie's mother that every scan that had ever been taken of Archie had his name and details on it.

A day later, after the up-to-date scans were taken I noted from the medical records that on 1st June 2022 at about 6pm or so the mother asked a medical professional if she could see the MRI scan images to check that Archie's name was on them (bundle 3 page 1948). She was shown some images of his brain and spine from the day before. They all had his name on them.

The parents' first concern lacked any basis in fact. I could understand why Archie's mother was so concerned. This was because Dr P had produced with his statement cropped photocopies of the scans which removed Archie's name and details.

The mother had been told on 31st May and 1st June that all scan images have the patient's name and details on it but in the circumstances this family is in, it was understandable that she could not remember this taking place.”

That was covered in the court case as well.

“I have noted from bundle 3 of the medical records (page 1877) that on 31st May 2022 before the MRI scan was carried out, Archie's mother had said that the scans she had seen had not had Archie's name on them. A medical professional had then taken the mother to the PACS system which is the computer system which stores all NHS scans and shown Archie's mother that every scan that had ever been taken of Archie had his name and details on it.

A day later, after the up-to-date scans were taken I noted from the medical records that on 1st June 2022 at about 6pm or so the mother asked a medical professional if she could see the MRI scan images to check that Archie's name was on them (bundle 3 page 1948). She was shown some images of his brain and spine from the day before. They all had his name on them.

The parents' first concern lacked any basis in fact. I could understand why Archie's mother was so concerned. This was because Dr P had produced with his statement cropped photocopies of the scans which removed Archie's name and details.

The mother had been told on 31st May and 1st June that all scan images have the patient's name and details on it but in the circumstances this family is in, it was understandable that she could not remember this taking place.”

I have appeared before that judge and couldn’t think of a better tribunal for a case of this type

Just found out how he ended up in hospital. What a tragic waste. A TikTok challenge!!
This was why I urged caution when people were suggesting it was a deliberate attempt to take his life and suggestions his mum’s actions were linked to her being unable to accept he was desperately unhappy. I don’t think there’s any real evidence of that although I haven’t read everything about the case and There have been conflicting reports.

This was why I urged caution when people were suggesting it was a deliberate attempt to take his life and suggestions his mum’s actions were linked to her being unable to accept he was desperately unhappy. I don’t think there’s any real evidence of that although I haven’t read everything about the case and There have been conflicting reports.
Tragic whatever happened.

Back