AOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m genuinely shocked by the replies to this. I think he’s been excellent. The ball now sticks, largely because of his close control and his movement provides opportunities for forward passes that we didn’t have before.

I agree i would like to see more of Jones, but surely that would be as a back up to McGeady if he can’t play all the time? He and AOB are nothing alike.
He has, on many occasions, controlled a long hopeful pass down and played it into a player in a good position to move the attack forward. I'm warming AOB like, i can see why Johnson plays him.

McGeady did absolutely nothing until the 10 minutes around that goal and people are calling him man of the match for being a "match winner".
He's still had a few decent attempts and crosses you couldn't have picked a worse comparison he's a very consistent player unlike O'Brien

He's still had a few decent attempts and crosses you couldn't have picked a worse comparison he's a very consistent player unlike O'Brien

He wasn't today, he was poor. He was wasteful, his free kick was terrible, his passing wasn't good, neither were his crosses - until the one that mattered.

McGeady did absolutely nothing until the 10 minutes around that goal and people are calling him man of the match for being a "match winner".

He was mainly poor first half but yet again created all our openings. Through ball for Gooch (iirc), skill and cross for Wyke that was scrambled clear, he tested the keeper with a shot, and had another shot deflected just wide. Then of course created the goal second half. Chalk and cheese with O’Brien

Had some really sloppy moments in the first half but even during that 45 minutes he was the only one who looked like creating anything.

He was mainly poor first half but yet again created all our openings. Through ball for Gooch (iirc), skill and cross for Wyke that was scrambled clear, he tested the keeper with a shot, and had another shot deflected just wide. Then of course created the goal second half. Chalk and cheese with O’Brien

The through ball for Gooch is a good point, though Gooch made that with his clever run and drop of the shoulder.

I don't think McGeady was particularly good today. Him and AOB were both 7/10 for me.

That's not me comparing them as players by the way, it's just pointing out what I see as people's prejudices towards AOB.

Thats just utter nonsense like :lol:

I am genuinely stunned anyone can think that, everything went through him first half too

"Did absolutely nothing", just utter shite that like, no offence mate, dont think you were watching

Almost made this post on Saturday and didn’t bother, but the lad has been excellent recently at linking play. Puts a good shift in always and today got a goal for his efforts.

the amount of people wanting him dropped is depressing. What are they watching?

I can only assume they don’t like him because of his poor start.

Well done to the lad, he’s turned it right around and is probably one of the first names on the team sheet at this point.
It’s a fair point Nelson but I’d prefer 4-3-3 without O’Brien. Taking nothing away from AOB but I do think we are a stronger team like that.

Almost made this post on Saturday and didn’t bother, but the lad has been excellent recently at linking play. Puts a good shift in always and today got a goal for his efforts.

the amount of people wanting him dropped is depressing. What are they watching?

I can only assume they don’t like him because of his poor start.

Well done to the lad, he’s turned it right around and is probably one of the first names on the team sheet at this point.
His poor start has nothing to do with it for me , first half tonight he was crap , couldn't hold the ball up , ball control was poor , makes runs into stupid positions , basically should have been hoyed at HT , gotta give him credit for his goal but that doesn't make up for how poor his general play is.

Had some really sloppy moments in the first half but even during that 45 minutes he was the only one who looked like creating anything.

I respect your point of view but I don't agree. McGeady likes to get on the ball and looks busy anyway, but his first half was sloppy and he seemed to be lacking that spark.

Gooch looked far more likely to make something happen even though he was receiving the ball much deeper.

Personally thought he was the worst player on the pitch if im honest, credit for the goal mind good run and header.
^ THIS , said so at HT he was woeful 1st half , didn't do much better second , the goal is his get out of jail card for me. It will get him on the team sheet saturday and I hope he does well but not holding my breath.

The through ball for Gooch is a good point, though Gooch made that with his clever run and drop of the shoulder.

I don't think McGeady was particularly good today. Him and AOB were both 7/10 for me.

That's not me comparing them as players by the way, it's just pointing out what I see as people's prejudices towards AOB.

McGeady wasn’t at the levels he was against Doncaster for certain. I thought in the first half they coped with us well because they were very quick on to him, particularly early on in the game. He gave the ball away with sloppy passing and a couple of poor touches but as the game went on he got on the ball more and created problems for them. If we were going to score in that first half it would have been through his creativity.

I respect your point of view but I don't agree. McGeady likes to get on the ball and looks busy anyway, but his first half was sloppy and he seemed to be lacking that spark.

Gooch looked far more likely to make something happen even though he was receiving the ball much deeper.
Gooch MOTM for me just ahead of Sanderson.

^ THIS , said so at HT he was woeful 1st half , didn't do much better second , the goal is his get out of jail card for me. It will get him on the team sheet saturday and I hope he does well but not holding my breath.

Hes the original headless chicken, but your absolutely bang on hell play saturday because of the goal.

Gooch MOTM for me just ahead of Sanderson.

I didn’t see that with Gooch. He looks like he’d be a complete pain in the arse to play against because of his running and bustling but a player that wouldn’t give you nightmares because his final product is very sporadic. I think a lot of the time he’s easily sussed out. Can’t fault his effort mind.

For a player his size and body shape, more like a rugby player, he has quite nimble feet, but that's all the praise I'll give him. He can't hit a shot properly, decision making takes an eternity, like so many of our players, and gets the ball taken off him far too easily. Hopefully Stewart is an improvement on him, can't see how he can be any worse personally, but am always glad to see 2 up front. FTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back