AOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson!

Striker
Almost made this post on Saturday and didn’t bother, but the lad has been excellent recently at linking play. Puts a good shift in always and today got a goal for his efforts.

the amount of people wanting him dropped is depressing. What are they watching?

I can only assume they don’t like him because of his poor start.

Well done to the lad, he’s turned it right around and is probably one of the first names on the team sheet at this point.

Almost made this post on Saturday and didn’t bother, but the lad has been excellent recently at linking play. Puts a good shift in always and today got a goal for his efforts.

Did he really do much other than his goal it might just be people preferring Jones as a player nothing wrong with that

I mean he’s doing well but to suggest it’s ridiculous people might want Jones starting over him is wide of the mark. He doesn’t really impact games even near often enough as he should given he played champ level with Millwall

I don’t think he’s bad particularly I just don’t think he affects games as much as Jones, gooch or possibly even maguire would. He grafts and his touch is ok but he’s not particularly quick, never really looks threatening, never creates chances. Bit of a nothing player imo.

Well done to the lad, he’s turned it right around and is probably one of the first names on the team sheet at this point.
Just posted similar in the Meldrew but would still like to see Jones get a game somehow and would happily see AOB dropped to accomodate him.

I was watching the game and genuinely thinking 'what does he offer?'. Then he pops up with a quality header, so fair play to him. And I hope this provides him with a bit if confidence.Not sure about him starting games though long term, sorry.

He’s improving but presently I’d prefer Gooch in his position. Can’t knock him though, starting to have an impact on games in the last half dozen or so.

Works hard, puts himself about but will never be great. But good finish tonight and he has been a factor in the improved performances.

I was watching the game and genuinely thinking 'what does he offer?'. Then he pops up with a quality header, so fair play to him. And I hope this provides him with a bit if confidence.Not sure about him starting games though long term, sorry.
He's a strange one does nothing then contributes a goal or an assist, he was better at the weekend dropping short linking the play and also making runs down the channel

I mean he’s doing well but to suggest it’s ridiculous people might want Jones starting over him is wide of the mark. He doesn’t really impact games even near often enough as he should given he played champ level with Millwall
Depends what you want to do. We started 343 so obrien playing wide right. Pointless having him there, and would rather see Jones/diamond/maguire play. Went 424 second half and he played up front and I think he’s decent playing off the front man and links play well. Last 10 we went 433 and again he was out wide right and was lost again out there. All depends on the system. Should only play up front though

I’m genuinely shocked by the replies to this. I think he’s been excellent. The ball now sticks, largely because of his close control and his movement provides opportunities for forward passes that we didn’t have before.

I agree i would like to see more of Jones, but surely that would be as a back up to McGeady if he can’t play all the time? He and AOB are nothing alike.

He's a strange one does nothing then contributes a goal or an assist, he was better at the weekend dropping short linking the play and also making runs down the channel
Not convinced about his ability to assist. Lacks something technically for me. Dont come on here to criticise players like, especially after they've scored a quality goal so I'll leave it there. Well played AOB.

I think hes been ok lately and comes in for a lot of unfair stick. For me he has good control for this level, gets himself into good positions but for some reason doesn't seem to influence the game as much as he should and I dont know the reason for this as I think hes a decent player...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back