Anyone do the 5:2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think I'll give this a go. Going to start in the next few weeks. Ideally need to lose 2 stone. Piled the weight on when I had depression. Never been skinny but hate the way I am at the minute.

Indeed. Saw on the documentary that they reckon most people don't eat all their calories back the following day, but I'm pretty sure I can give it a f***ing good go. ;)
Haha. That is the beauty of fasting. It re calibrates your appetite for a little while. You are satisfied with less!!

Haha. That is the beauty of fasting. It re calibrates your appetite for a little while. You are satisfied with less!!
You're not wrong mind. I've just had eggy bread, inspired by you yesterday, and I can't eat it all.

And I've already noticed that my taste buds are sharper. I can taste salt very clearly.

Starve day - had an early night and a canny bit for tea last night. Woke up feeling okish. Porridge at 8am at work.

Got a prawn salad for lunch. Which isn't ideal, as I've gone off prawns recently.

You're not wrong mind. I've just had eggy bread, inspired by you yesterday, and I can't eat it all.

And I've already noticed that my taste buds are sharper. I can taste salt very clearly.

best eggy bread ever?!!! lots of pepper next time.

Honestly, it was a real eye opener for me. No need to spend a fortune on food to make it taste sublime. Just skip a couple of meals.:lol:

I'm at a wedding the Cotswolds on Friday, so having another starve day tomorrow to allow me to over indulge should I wish.

Reactions: PTR
Really struggling with lunches - around 200 cals

Totally fine with porridge twice a week, so breakfast is ok.
But homemade soups are not filling enough, and try as I might, I can't stand salads (except salad bars in pizza hut ect which I eat all the not-actually-salad stuff)

Any suggetions?

Really struggling with lunches - around 200 cals

Totally fine with porridge twice a week, so breakfast is ok.
But homemade soups are not filling enough, and try as I might, I can't stand salads (except salad bars in pizza hut ect which I eat all the not-actually-salad stuff)

Any suggetions?

Isn't it a starve day? You're bound to be hungry. Personally I'd just save the 400 calories until the night and have something a bit more filling then.

Have you tried those fake pasta things they sell in Holland and Barrett. Hardly any calories in those.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...QLaKi9fx3Mp4JoVyPrI3YbbmYpqNhIrU60aAufS8P8HAQ

Isn't it a starve day? You're bound to be hungry. Personally I'd just save the 400 calories until the night and have something a bit more filling then.
Its called a starve day, but its not really - its just "severely limited calories day".

If I don't eat till 4pm, I'll be crawling the walls and more likely to fall off the wagon. Breakfast is fine, just need something better for lunch to keep me going till 4-5pm.

Its called a starve day, but its not really - its just "severely limited calories day".

If I don't eat till 4pm, I'll be crawling the walls and more likely to fall off the wagon. Breakfast is fine, just need something better for lunch to keep me going till 4-5pm.

One of those pasta things with a bit pasta sauce, maybe some soya protein, you'll get that in under 200 I'd imagine.

One of those pasta things with a bit pasta sauce, maybe some soya protein, you'll get that in under 200 I'd imagine.
Will have a look, pasta might be the problem though - carbs.

Edit: Lol, yeh -double the allowence.

Last edited:
Will have a look, pasta might be the problem though - carbs.

Edit: Lol, yeh -double the allowence.

That fake pasta stuff in the link surely won't have much in the way of carbs?

Nutritional Information
Per 100g
Energy
148KJ / 35 Kcal
Fat 0.14g
of which are saturates 0g
Carbohydrates 8.4g
of which are sugars 0.5g
Fibre 1.3g
Proteins <0.1g
Salt 0g

That fake pasta stuff in the link surely won't have much in the way of carbs?

Nutritional Information
Per 100g
Energy
148KJ / 35 Kcal
Fat 0.14g
of which are saturates 0g
Carbohydrates 8.4g
of which are sugars 0.5g
Fibre 1.3g
Proteins <0.1g
Salt 0g
Hadn't seen the link first time round, aye. If I can get something like that pre-made to hoy hot water in a work, or the microwave, that would be grand

Hadn't seen the link first time round, aye. If I can get something like that pre-made to hoy hot water in a work, or the microwave, that would be grand

Not sure what it's like. It's supposed to be OK, a bit expensive for my liking like.

Found 2 ready meals on Asda's website that are a bit over the limit, but my porridge is a bit under. I don't stick strictly to the 600cals, is not a magic button, so 50-60 over isn't really a bad thing if I feel its more managable.

Hopefully they'll taste ok. Otherwise I'm back to plan B.

Believe me, you won't. it gets much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back