Anyone do the 5:2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, you won't. it gets much easier.
I'm getting worse. I found the first few quite easy.

But the last two have been bad. Last week it may have been through tireness and replacing my hearty porridge with a belvita breakfast biscuit, but I'm struggling again today too. Salads are no good for me.

If you have a sec, could you share some ~200cal lunch suggestions?
I skip it all and then have a meal in the evening.

But steak, poached eggs and salmon, chicken and avocado. Lentil and bacon soup. (Homemade) I think some fat is essential. It is tastier and fills you up.

Reactions: PTR
I skip it all and then have a meal in the evening.

But steak, poached eggs and salmon, chicken and avocado. Lentil and bacon soup. (Homemade) I think some fat is essential. It is tastier and fills you up.
If I could, I would. But I can't function by noon if I've not eaten. I can't concentrate and feel sleepy.

There are a couple of 5:2 recipe apps on the App Store that have suggestions for 200 cal lunches etc. Try one of those?
What app mate?

Mind, come to think of it, I'd prefer something that doesn't need cooking, as its for work.

2lb off in a week. Quite chuffed with that. Was about 4 on Friday but obviously my weekend has sabotaged that :)
How you getting on @PTR ?
Not bad - Although as I posted I've got a bit sick of shitty diet food for lunch, so I'm trying to find something different to eat.
Breakfasts are find, and eating whatever the family are having for tea is fine too (skip the carbs and small portion).

I've missed 2-3 so far - from being away to feeling a bit under the weather. But I see it as a long term thing, and nothing to be too strict with.

Lost about 9 pounds overall, but also doing weight training which is likely to be putting on muscle. So its hard to know really.

erm
Any reason why I shouldn't go for a refractometer? Its only going to be about £5-10 more overall

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1514

Last edited:
2lb off in a week. Quite chuffed with that. Was about 4 on Friday but obviously my weekend has sabotaged that :)

How you getting on @PTR ?

You couldn't lose 4lb in a week from 2 starve days. It takes about 3600 calories to lose 1 pound.

weight can fluctuate quite a lot depending on fluid. Don't weigh yourself after a massive session.:lol:

You couldn't lose 4lb in a week from 2 starve days. It takes about 3600 calories to lose 1 pound.

weight can fluctuate quite a lot depending on fluid. Don't weigh yourself after a massive session.:lol:
A pint of water is about a pound. How much varience in liquid do you have from "pissing it straight out" to "dying for a drink"? 4 pints?

A pint of water is about a pound. How much varience in liquid do you have from "pissing it straight out" to "dying for a drink"? 4 pints?

I can be 5/6lbs up after a major session and it comes off in two or three days. terrible for health but great fun!!

Reactions: PTR
Nearly three weeks in and 5.5lb down. Mr B is 4lb down.

Interestingly my body fat seems to have increased 1%, although it could be my scales are just rubbish.

More importantly, have you got used to the hunger not being a big deal?

Had a small bowl of meusli this morning and eating nowt until about 7. (Having loads of beer later mind)

Been off the wagon lately. Had a week away, so missed 3 starve days. Then had a migraine yesterday, and didn't need to be messing around.
Start again Monday - ah, that old dieters lie :lol:

More importantly, have you got used to the hunger not being a big deal?

Had a small bowl of meusli this morning and eating nowt until about 7. (Having loads of beer later mind)
Yeah, its surprisingly okay! Played around with eating nowt at all until dinner, versus spreading it through the day and I prefer the former, although it depends on the day. Managed a trip to Asda with the sodding roasting chicken smell today but just told myself I can have it tomorrow, and it's fine.

Actually had my starve meal from yesterday for lunch today - chilli con carne with wedges. 200cals give or take, and quite filling.

I'm the same as HellsBells, I can't go without eating all day and function. But I was sick of diet food.

Actually had my starve meal from yesterday for lunch today - chilli con carne with wedges. 200cals give or take, and quite filling.

I'm the same as HellsBells, I can't go without eating all day and function. But I was sick of diet food.
I think I actually prefer eating only once at dinner time. Eating during the day seems to make me hungrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back