Anyone do the 5:2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, that's why there are a load of gimmick diets imo.
Its not just that, its having to make a different meal to the rest of the family, having to spend time planning meals, planning shopping. I simply don't want to spend my time doing that - sure, I'd lose weight, but I wouldn't see my wife and kid!

I'd be well up for paying someone to bring me a meal 3 times a day :lol:

Its not just that, its having to make a different meal to the rest of the family, having to spend time planning meals, planning shopping. I simply don't want to spend my time doing that - sure, I'd lose weight, but I wouldn't see my wife and kid!

I'd be well up for paying someone to bring me a meal 3 times a day :lol:

Why would you have to eat different meals to your wife? Do you eat the same meal as the bairn anyway?

Can't she just eat a bit more healthily too?

Are your evening meals all that bad to start with?
They're not actually. They're just not in my control.

The point is, every time I've tried to diet, its been a time-consuming faff and I've been miserable the whole time. 5:2 gives me the chance to only be miserable 2 days a week :lol:

I'm going to give it a try, starting next week I think.

Like what?
I don't think they apply to 5:2 fasting.

But if you fast for 3-4 days, there are apparently significant benefits. You basically reboot your immune system, its being looked into as a potential complimentary therapy for chemo patients who's immune systems take a beating

I don't think they apply to 5:2 fasting.

But if you fast for 3-4 days, there are apparently significant benefits. You basically reboot your immune system, its being looked into as a potential complimentary therapy for chemo patients who's immune systems take a beating
Hmmmmm.

In the starvation process, the body "eats" white blood cells.
When you eat again, the body creates new ones

Can be useful if you happen to have a lot of damaged, but alive, white blood cells. Hence why its interesting people involved in cancer treatment.

They're not actually. They're just not in my control.

The point is, every time I've tried to diet, its been a time-consuming faff and I've been miserable the whole time. 5:2 gives me the chance to only be miserable 2 days a week :lol:

I'm going to give it a try, starting next week I think.
How can it be time consuming to eat less?

Someone must do it already though, what would need to change really?
The missus does it, which gets back to the earlier stuff.

Honestly though, I know what's likely to work in my own life and what will never work long term

What's dawned on me today, is that one change I can realistically make, and will make a f***ing huge difference, is to take my own lunch in every day - rather than when the missus has made me something ~2 days a week. Not only do I tend to spend about £5, I eat terrible things, like massive sub sandwiches etc.

The missus does it, which gets back to the earlier stuff.

Honestly though, I know what's likely to work in my own life and what will never work long term

What's dawned on me today, is that one change I can realistically make, and will make a f***ing huge difference, is to take my own lunch in every day - rather than when the missus has made me something ~2 days a week. Not only do I tend to spend about £5, I eat terrible things, like massive sub sandwiches etc.

Aye, that would make sense like. There's probably a quarter to a half a pound a week weight loss without doing anything, no planning, extra shopping, nowt. That's a stone or two over a year.

I'm failing to grasp what you mean about all the extra work involved in eating less though, as you say though, you obviously know what you mean so that's all that matters.

Aye, that would make sense like. There's probably a quarter to a half a pound a week weight loss without doing anything, no planning, extra shopping, nowt. That's a stone or two over a year.

I'm failing to grasp what you mean about all the extra work involved in eating less though, as you say though, you obviously know what you mean so that's all that matters.

If I had to spend a couple of hours a week planning what to cook, then going to buy the ingredients, and then had to stand and cook them each night, I wouldn't have time to go to the gym anymore. So its pointless when I can just have 2 "starve" days which require almost no effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back