Any rentals or anyone looking for a lodger around Durham

I'm not looking for house share and I'm not posting out on here about the situation as she knows I post on here :lol: will not be telling you out again :lol:

Good luck mate, hope you find something suitable the flats up the top of Durham or quite reasonable small but very affordable. A few of the North road drinkers have them. Be worth popping in spoons getting a bit crack on with folk
Most of them ex Thornley lads

Sorry to hear this ParkM I know @davoak has been back living at Home again , dont know how they cope with him TBH ,, hes looking for a House share aswell mate
Fcuk that I’m not that desperate
I'm not looking for house share and I'm not posting out on here about the situation as she knows I post on here :lol: will not be telling you out again :lol:

Good luck mate, hope you find something suitable the flats up the top of Durham or quite reasonable small but very affordable. A few of the North road drinkers have them. Be worth popping in spoons getting a bit crack on with folk
There’s a few small flats behind the elm tree but I know one lad in there is an alcoholic and they have a few drruggies up there

Last edited:

There’s a few small flats behind the elm tree but I know one lad in there is an alcoholic and they have a few drruggies up there
Ah nee bother mate, Durham in general is quite pricey get a motor and ya can come to craghead I will introduce you to some cultural delights :lol:

Was in there on Sunday and there was a fella on his balcony who didn’t look in a good way like

Mentioned on the depression thread back in Aprial that Mrs PM wants to spit up and eldest daughter not helping matters on her return from University. Things have now deteriorated to the extent that I am back in my parents house whi are in their 80's and back in my old room which is not ideal as its a box room and not big enough. So looking for something initally short term within 40 mins walk of the centre of Durham. Not much on right move as aparenlty Amazon have taken a lot of the non student rentals for short term workers to open their site at Bowburn.

Sorry to hear that mate but it’ll turn.

40 minutes gives you a decent radius though. Have you looked as far out as CLS and Low Fell? I know the the latter has always had a lot of rental capacity.

Mentioned on the depression thread back in Aprial that Mrs PM wants to spit up and eldest daughter not helping matters on her return from University. Things have now deteriorated to the extent that I am back in my parents house whi are in their 80's and back in my old room which is not ideal as its a box room and not big enough. So looking for something initally short term within 40 mins walk of the centre of Durham. Not much on right move as aparenlty Amazon have taken a lot of the non student rentals for short term workers to open their site at Bowburn.
You can pick a car up for less than £500 to last 6 month or so, then you could widen your search a bit.

Live on Newton Hall - well the house is on Newton Hall so know those routes well. Just trying to get my head round things at the moment. Only three places under £600 and it’s a shorter term as I want to buy as soon as I can. But I’m the meantime stuck in my parents
Look on the bright side, you could always move back to Langley Park :cool:

Good luck in getting sorted

Sorry to hear that mate.

The trouble with Durham is they want to rent out houses to students by the room as it's a money spinner. I would look a bit further afield, i.e. surrounding villages.
I got one straight away for a £500 deposit in Sunderland. Is Durham much more in demand?
:lol: Aye

Stuart Corbridge practically doubled the number of students due to closing down the Stockton campus and landlords are falling over themselves to take their money.

Last edited:

Back