Any rentals or anyone looking for a lodger around Durham

Parkmaverick

Striker
Mentioned on the depression thread back in Aprial that Mrs PM wants to spit up and eldest daughter not helping matters on her return from University. Things have now deteriorated to the extent that I am back in my parents house whi are in their 80's and back in my old room which is not ideal as its a box room and not big enough. So looking for something initally short term within 40 mins walk of the centre of Durham. Not much on right move as aparenlty Amazon have taken a lot of the non student rentals for short term workers to open their site at Bowburn.

Mentioned on the depression thread back in Aprial that Mrs PM wants to spit up and eldest daughter not helping matters on her return from University. Things have now deteriorated to the extent that I am back in my parents house whi are in their 80's and back in my old room which is not ideal as its a box room and not big enough. So looking for something initally short term within 40 mins walk of the centre of Durham. Not much on right move as aparenlty Amazon have taken a lot of the non student rentals for short term workers to open their site at Bowburn.
Theres bit and pieces around but the rental market is very fast moving with not a lot about certainly in the Brandon/Langley/Ushaw Moor/Esh Winning areas, with not much new coming up. The area you looking at walkwise is such prime student areas that is either gone already or more expensive anyway. so may need to look slightly further out (and get a bike?) There always seems to be the odd stuff come up around Pity Me/Newton hall and if have the budget theres the newish estate next to the hospital that always seems to have rentals going.

You could also try Airbnb you can short term rent on there month+ on some places, generally has bills included but will still find it bit more than renting same place.

Am in similar situation, but I been lucky to be able to rent a relatives house (after moving 10+ times in 14 months) who is trying to sell theirs while I try and sell mine, keeping an eye on the rental market just in case I get booted from here first.

Sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and hope you get something sorted 😘

There's a small block of flats next to New College at Fram. I've seen rental signs outside there before but I don't know what the name of the building is. Have a look on Zoopla and On The Market as well.

I did the mother thing when split from the wife. Wasn't great like

Then I did a house share while I got sorted.

Would just say be wary of who it is!!! I ended up in a big house, thought it would be quiet enough and just wanted some space

With 2 polish lads who were fine and we'd have a beer on a night.

They did their own thing, but was a rather odd bloke who owned it who liked me to watch the history channel with him

Sorry to hear that mate. I’ll keep an eye out for you mate

Cheers mate - looking at some house round Bearopark etc but can't get enough deposit together until we sell the house and that aint gonna be soon.
I did the mother thing when split from the wife. Wasn't great like

Then I did a house share while I got sorted.

Would just say be wary of who it is!!! I ended up in a big house, thought it would be quiet enough and just wanted some space

With 2 polish lads who were fine and we'd have a beer on a night.

They did their own thing, but was a rather odd bloke who owned it who liked me to watch the history channel with him

House share?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and hope you get something sorted 😘

There's a small block of flats next to New College at Fram. I've seen rental signs outside there before but I don't know what the name of the building is. Have a look on Zoopla and On The Market as well.

those flats are called Mains Court, but I think the rental signs relate to the commercial property next door.

Back