Any rentals or anyone looking for a lodger around Durham

I think that’s a big part of things
There ya gan marra - thank me later:

Mentioned on the depression thread back in Aprial that Mrs PM wants to spit up and eldest daughter not helping matters on her return from University. Things have now deteriorated to the extent that I am back in my parents house whi are in their 80's and back in my old room which is not ideal as its a box room and not big enough. So looking for something initally short term within 40 mins walk of the centre of Durham. Not much on right move as aparenlty Amazon have taken a lot of the non student rentals for short term workers to open their site at Bowburn.
Ffs. Hope I get sorted

I did the mother thing when split from the wife. Wasn't great like

Then I did a house share while I got sorted.

Would just say be wary of who it is!!! I ended up in a big house, thought it would be quiet enough and just wanted some space

With 2 polish lads who were fine and we'd have a beer on a night.

They did their own thing, but was a rather odd bloke who owned it who liked me to watch the history channel with him

Were you Jeremy from Peep Show?

Our youngest (8) was talking about one her school friends and just added to the conversation that the girls mam had told the dad he has to leave within a month as he was being mean to them (he’s lost his job recently too)
Pretty shit conversation for 8 year olds to be having

Our youngest (8) was talking about one her school friends and just added to the conversation that the girls mam had told the dad he has to leave within a month as he was being mean to them (he’s lost his job recently too)
Thankfully my two are 22 and 19 but it’s still a wrench. The 22 year old is going to live with her mam and the 19 year old of to University next week. Can’t help but think the last time we are all together was a blazing row.

Thankfully my two are 22 and 19 but it’s still a wrench. The 22 year old is going to live with her mam and the 19 year old of to University next week. Can’t help but think the last time we are all together was a blazing row.
Not going to lie, that doesn’t sound like a nice position to be in but have the belief you can at least reconcile the differences. Not to get back together but to at least be amicable with a view to friendly.

Probably sounds alien now as emotions are running high. But it can happen.

I’ve seen it with my mam and dad. Probably because she feels sorry for him now like. 😂 Don’t let her have a reason to feel sorry for you.

Last edited:

Not as bad but had youngest at Hordon swings n a lass about that age rang her mother as shed checked her online banking n someone had put £100 in.
Exposed to everything!

Bump your parents off. ;)

Joking aside mate, as someone has said, spareroom.com is canny. Usually six months minimum stay but minimal outlay up front.

we had to tell ours not to talk about it to anyone else and especially not in front of anyone from that family. i hope you get sorted, sorry to hear about it.

Back