Another one gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very sad to report that dad (Chris senior) died yesterday.

Dad was a supporter for over 70 years. He saw his first match in 1946 I believe.

He shared many memorable occasions as a fan. He was there in '73. He gave his ticket up for my sister in 92 'because he'd seen one and she hadn't'. Thats the sort of bloke he was.

We were at Sid James Park when Mr Rowell did the deed as well. Sitting right in the middle of the mags. Great fun.

He was even this season a North Stand regular.

He was a MLF of course but also a great lover of football in general. Even in what turned out to be his last few week, he was tuning into games from his hospital bed.

RIP dad. You were a great supporter and an even better bloke.

Sorry for your loss, but it sounds you have loads of great memories, keep thinking about them....

Very sad to report that dad (Chris senior) died yesterday.

Dad was a supporter for over 70 years. He saw his first match in 1946 I believe.

He shared many memorable occasions as a fan. He was there in '73. He gave his ticket up for my sister in 92 'because he'd seen one and she hadn't'. Thats the sort of bloke he was.

We were at Sid James Park when Mr Rowell did the deed as well. Sitting right in the middle of the mags. Great fun.

He was even this season a North Stand regular.

He was a MLF of course but also a great lover of football in general. Even in what turned out to be his last few week, he was tuning into games from his hospital bed.

RIP dad. You were a great supporter and an even better bloke.
Be happy and proud mate your dad lived a great life he was well loved and liked and even though I didn't know him personally I know like every other safc fan on here that I've got a bond with him because his passion was my passion

Sorry for your loss mate. Your dad will always be in your head though, not least when you're at the match.

RIP to your dad , your memories of going to the match with him will never leave you. You will always have them and a story to tell which will make you feel proud and he will be up there looking down when the good times arrive , saying get it that's my boy celebrating our great club. Memories are priceless. Keep your chin up and do him proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back