Another one gone

Very sad to report that dad (Chris senior) died yesterday.

Dad was a supporter for over 70 years. He saw his first match in 1946 I believe.

He shared many memorable occasions as a fan. He was there in '73. He gave his ticket up for my sister in 92 'because he'd seen one and she hadn't'. Thats the sort of bloke he was.

We were at Sid James Park when Mr Rowell did the deed as well. Sitting right in the middle of the mags. Great fun.

He was even this season a North Stand regular.

He was a MLF of course but also a great lover of football in general. Even in what turned out to be his last few week, he was tuning into games from his hospital bed.

RIP dad. You were a great supporter and an even better bloke.

Dad was a supporter for over 70 years. He saw his first match in 1946 I believe.

He shared many memorable occasions as a fan. He was there in '73. He gave his ticket up for my sister in 92 'because he'd seen one and she hadn't'. Thats the sort of bloke he was.

We were at Sid James Park when Mr Rowell did the deed as well. Sitting right in the middle of the mags. Great fun.

He was a MLF of course but also a great lover of football in general. Even in what turned out to be his last few week, he was tuning into games from his hospital bed.

Really sorry to hear that TBSH.

All the best bud, sounds like a cracking dar, i'm sure he was every bit as proud of you as you are of him.

You know what Mate take this from a Supporter of another Club who travels.
Having just read the thread on those fans travelling to Plymouth you support a very special club.
Clearly your Dad was part of it and you make sure you carry his flag in the future and I’m sure you will.
No doubt mixed emotions right now and and it will hurt for sure.
Read back what you have just written........sounds an absolute wonderful Man and more importantly you don’t need anyone to tell you that.
RIP.

Back