Another one gone

I have read here for years but never dared join up cos you lot torture newbies in the nicest possible way ;). I am TBSH sister, recipient of the 92 Cup final ticket, and fellow ST holder with Chris and. So many memories of Dad are to do with football. He told me when we won the Cup and we saw the lads come home at the Barnes that Bobby Kerr was God and although puzzled I totally believed him.

When Mum and I decided last minute to go to the Milk Cup Final in 85 we ended up in with the Norwich fans.....cost him an obscene amount of money and he never did fess up just how much!!!!

You heard about 92 from my brother and thank God I got the last Cup final with him.......we never experienced winning together which is my greatest sorrow and I always wanted a European adventure with him.

He was a real piece of magic here on earth as Mum put it best, and his last best mate said he genuinely never heard anyone say a bad word about him.........he touched so many people and mercifully his end was peaceful and on his terms. Glad he never really had to live his life with severe limitations........he would have hated that. He picked a hell of a time to go just as things SAFC were looking brighter.

Thanks for reading and for all your condolences.....he was one of you and that makes us family. Don't know if I will be able to go without him. RIP Daddy........you will be sorely missed and always loved.

Jo
Another cracking post. Must run in the family! I hope that in time you'll go again. I'm taking a guess that that's what your Dad might have wanted. Either way, take care & look after yasels.

I have read here for years but never dared join up cos you lot torture newbies in the nicest possible way ;). I am TBSH sister, recipient of the 92 Cup final ticket, and fellow ST holder with Chris and. So many memories of Dad are to do with football. He told me when we won the Cup and we saw the lads come home at the Barnes that Bobby Kerr was God and although puzzled I totally believed him.

When Mum and I decided last minute to go to the Milk Cup Final in 85 we ended up in with the Norwich fans.....cost him an obscene amount of money and he never did fess up just how much!!!!

You heard about 92 from my brother and thank God I got the last Cup final with him.......we never experienced winning together which is my greatest sorrow and I always wanted a European adventure with him.

He was a real piece of magic here on earth as Mum put it best, and his last best mate said he genuinely never heard anyone say a bad word about him.........he touched so many people and mercifully his end was peaceful and on his terms. Glad he never really had to live his life with severe limitations........he would have hated that. He picked a hell of a time to go just as things SAFC were looking brighter.

Thanks for reading and for all your condolences.....he was one of you and that makes us family. Don't know if I will be able to go without him. RIP Daddy........you will be sorely missed and always loved.

Jo

Sorry for your loss Jo and Chris and family.
Lovely memories.

I did the same as yourself, read for a few years thinking the same would happen. Been on over a year now and not a Peep out of them yet.

Very sad to report that dad (Chris senior) died yesterday.

Dad was a supporter for over 70 years. He saw his first match in 1946 I believe.

He shared many memorable occasions as a fan. He was there in '73. He gave his ticket up for my sister in 92 'because he'd seen one and she hadn't'. Thats the sort of bloke he was.

We were at Sid James Park when Mr Rowell did the deed as well. Sitting right in the middle of the mags. Great fun.

He was even this season a North Stand regular.

He was a MLF of course but also a great lover of football in general. Even in what turned out to be his last few week, he was tuning into games from his hospital bed.

RIP dad. You were a great supporter and an even better bloke.

RIP to your Dad mate.

Back