Annoying things on films...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody in any thriller ‘movie’ ever has any internet connection, Wi-fi or software problems if any kind no matter how remote the location.

In there incredible loft apartments or houses despite being cheery penniless waitresses etc

For shame Cat, for shame! [Yeah I’ve seen ‘Coyote Ugly’ too!]

People using desktop computers clack away on the keyboards but (almost) never use a mouse.
But the majority of people in movie land use laptops, which magically seem to work perfectly without the spaghetti junction of power cables, USB attachments and Ethernet cables that we mere mortals need.

A modern plot device is invisible earpiece attachments that allow our hero and his gang to communicate with each other hands free and never have issues with coverage or interference. The TV show Burn Notice took this to extremes.

Riggs can draw a heart on a paper target from 300 yards, but miss a helicopter at 50.
6 or 7 explosions when a car crashes from different angles when 1 would do.
In the cheaper films/telly the plane or helicopter disappears behind a hill before exploding.

Accuracy.

Got this god awful Lone Ranger film on in the background and theres been about 10 instances of people not being able to shoot someone 5 feet in front of them but have no bother shooting locks on moving trains from 200 yards while riding a horse.

Pure shite.

The original TV series was brill back in the early fifties.
We used to dash home from school and sit watching a blank screen till the Lone Ranger and his Faithful Indian companion Tonto showed up at Five o clock to the tune of William Tell.
The action lasted about twenty minutes or so till the screen went blank again and only lit up about eight a clock for Panorama for an hour, then that was it for the night.

In the first transformers movie they work out within 5 minutes that bullets dont hurt the transformers but then the next 10 movies are just 2 hrs of the sound of guns being fired at said Transformers

Any scene where the actor types on the keyboard very very fast, but never seems to use the space bar or delete key???

Also seem to get the password correct after a couple of attempts, nee “forgot my password” shite going on here???

When running away people often lose their pursuers by hiding down an alley/behind something. However, rather than let then run off in the wrong direction, they wait two seconds and then let them see them again.

The American accent in general especially when they pronounce Aluminium as "Aloominum'.
I try to avoid films with Bing Crosby in them, for some reason I can't stand him.

Baddie(s) with guns who get too close to the karate-fu expert without using their guns from a safer distance. And get karate-chopped to death. Stay out of arm/leg distance and use your gun, man, ffs.

Yeah but film baddies can't hit the side of a barn man, they have to get close

When running away people often lose their pursuers by hiding down an alley/behind something. However, rather than let then run off in the wrong direction, they wait two seconds and then let them see them again.

Also, when the baddie/slasher has been temporarily disabled with a weapon and the hero/final girl drops the weapon then slumps in the corner instead of finishing the c**t off like common sense would dictate

Nobody fastens the chinstrap on a crash helmet.
This bugs the crap out of me in American War fillums such as ‘The Longest Day’ wherein the ‘GI’s never fasten the straps on their helmets so as soon as they have to dive for cover their helmet is rolling away in the distance. I suppose they finished the remainder of the war right up to the march on Berlin bare-headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back