Annoying things on films...

Everybody seems to know how to hot wire a car.
I wouldn’t have a clue!

Hot wire a car....
Pick a lock....
Fly a plane
Find a shirt that fits in a stranger’s house/washing line
Kick down a solid door....
Rescue a lass from danger and her clothes fall off near a well made bed....

Accuracy.

Got this god awful Lone Ranger film on in the background and theres been about 10 instances of people not being able to shoot someone 5 feet in front of them but have no bother shooting locks on moving trains from 200 yards while riding a horse.

Pure shite.

Guns of that time were incredibly shit so the first example is more accurate.

When they have had a long hard day at work but still sit down to a magnificent 3 course dinner they have knocked out

In there incredible loft apartments or houses despite being cheery penniless waitresses etc

Last edited:
Never any stress and dressed to the 9s :)

I like it when families have a stressful breakfast getting kids out to school when the plot needs it but the children miraculously disappear the rest of the time and they just seem to leave them home alone when out etc

No one pays for taxis or gets change at least from them.

One thing I find annoying about films is bomb disposal.

2 wires, a timer.... and they get someone who has never gotten rid of a bomb before to defuse it, they struggle and then the timer hits 1 and they eventually cut the correct wire.

I like it when families have a stressful breakfast getting kids out to school when the plot needs it but the children miraculously disappear the rest of the time and they just seem to leave them home alone when out etc

No one pays for taxis or gets change at least from them.

Early episode of happy days one of the potential main characters went upstairs

And was never seen or spoken about again .....

You do realise it’s a comedy.
Shirley you can’t be serious!

Whenever a group of people are making their escape via a rickety rope bridge, the lass is contractually compelled to fall between the slats and need the hero to grab her wrist and save her from falling into the chasm to her death. Inevitably at least one of the chasing villains will actually fall.

See also making an escape via a narrow ledge on a mountain pathway.

I e mentioned this on similar threads previously but after shagging a bloke is able to don his kecks and strides together in one fluid movement (as noted, without even wiping her quim juice off his bellend) and be about his business. In reality he would catch his big toe on the waistband of his jeans, go clumsily hopping about the bedroom before crashing into the chest of drawers and knocking over the priceless family heirloom capo dimonti ornament and cutting his feet on the broken china.

The late Roger Ebert (America’s Barry Norman) had a book with all these daft observations in. This one is such a cliche that he claimed to have been in a cinema and when the car chase began someone in the audience yelled ‘Fruit cart!’
Why would you wipe off the quim juice? I collect it and keep it in a jar.

Also, the lass out of the new Star wars films who keeps her gob and eyes wide open at all times.

Accuracy.

Got this god awful Lone Ranger film on in the background and theres been about 10 instances of people not being able to shoot someone 5 feet in front of them but have no bother shooting locks on moving trains from 200 yards while riding a horse.

Pure shite.
As anyone said Ricky Gervais

Back