Annoying things on films...

Status
Not open for further replies.

When someone knocks on a door, its always answered in 2 seconds.

When someone gives someone else an amount of money, they always pull out of their trouser pocket the exact amount in notes, and without looking at it, just hand it over

Regular cops always are made out to be think as mince by the detective. Surely they would have to be some standard of intelligent to become a copper

When someone knocks on a door, its always answered in 2 seconds.

When someone gives someone else an amount of money, they always pull out of their trouser pocket the exact amount in notes, and without looking at it, just hand it over

Regular cops always are made out to be think as mince by the detective. Surely they would have to be some standard of intelligent to become a copper

Debatable that mate....;)

And trying to figure out the password to the baddy's computer. They have a few guesses then look around the study and (for example) see a load of books on ancient Egypt.
Type 'Tutankhamun', press enter, and they're in.
It’s amazing how often stuff like that yields results in real life.

Clicking on someone else’s password hint often points you right to the password.

A similar thing: my mate is an ambulance driver and reckons that 40% of those key boxes the elderly and infirm have with their keys in at the front of the house can be accessed using 0000, 1234, 4321, 9999 or the year the occupant was born.

Maybe it's just my hearing deteriorating but so many films and programmes nowadays seem to have actors mumbling their words or talking in breathy half-whispers to the extent I cannot understand what they are saying.

I believe "Poldark" was seriously panned for this with loads of complaints about indistinct dialogue.

It's not just a recent thing: I've been watching "Prime Suspect" from the 80s on Netflix and the character played by Tom Bell talks tight-lipped all the time and is very hard to hear.

The loudness of footsteps. Maybe I’m a bit deaf in real life but they don’t half make a racket in films. Also blokes using urinals and doing really exaggerated movements to signify what they are doing. A minimal arm movement would let me know you’re finishing your piss and zipping your keks up.

Urinal etiquette is a bloody minefield marra. Get it wrong and you can be in serious trouble, trust me. :evil:

Maybe it's just my hearing deteriorating but so many films and programmes nowadays seem to have actors mumbling their words or talking in breathy half-whispers to the extent I cannot understand what they are saying.

I believe "Poldark" was seriously panned for this with loads of complaints about indistinct dialogue.

It's not just a recent thing: I've been watching "Prime Suspect" from the 80s on Netflix and the character played by Tom Bell talks tight-lipped all the time and is very hard to hear.
Known as the “Tom hardy mumbles” it gives the impression of acting talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back