American based takeover

It looks like the founder of PokerStars
Baazov? He left them under a cloud iirc, charges dropped but a ticking off by the judge. Is he back with them? I saw the pic and it looks a lot more like him than his replacement at poker stars who sports a Kodak haircut but I’m still not convinced it’s him.
They’re IOM based iirc so preseasons ower there attempting to regain our title may be back on!

Sheffield United have a truly exceptional manager in Chris Wilder, and I expect them to stay up; I’m not sure about Norwich. I don’t see Jack Ross as being at anywhere near the level of Chris Wilder, especially when you look at his record in the transfer market.

Point is that there have been a lot of clubs that have spent big money in the championship, and in that respect we’ll struggle to compete with our current owners. I hope this take-over happens.

Chris Wilder has been managing clubs for 18 years, Jack Ross for 4.

Hardly a fair comparison is it?

It's quite simple but it requires a bit of self realisation by us, the fans

Our current owners have done a brilliant job in sorting out the absolute disaster zone that was left after Short.

But their model is very likely going to be the scenic route. That might not be a bad thing, it can work, both Shef Utd and Norwich are in the premier league on a relative shoestring while other clubs have blown many millions and failed. Their model will see us have very firm foundations, that's got to be good long term.

But there is a bigger but. And that is that the Sunderland fans will in no way have the patience for the scenic route. You just have to look and listen to our fanbase. 2 games in , want manager sacked etc. And don't even try to deny it. We are our own worst enemy in that no real plans can ever be laid down as it has to be now, now, now. 15 months ago we were on brink of administration but huge elements of our fanbase have mentally whitewashed that and the current owners are pikey chancers now apparently.

So if there is a more financially expedient route then I think it's better for us, as much as I like SD and the gang.

I hope in reality it's a good balance. Still have the core principles of fighting for value everywhere in the club, but give us the turbo boost we need to get a decent foothold in the championship.
f***ing hate that 2 game shit, people wanted him gone because of the last 8 months, which is very patient considering we finished 5th

This is too.
Could have happened here but he wouldn’t have got the same injury?
My point is that no way should he have been sold at that time.
If he fucked off at the end of the season so be it.

The sale was purely money which in reality would have devalued the club.
False economy.
but how was thw sale money-when they literally got no money and spent £3m on his replacement?
They didn’t want to risk getting less further down the line at a tribunal and yes they spent it but only because the whole scenario was badly handled. We were blagged basically but didn’t need to be.
but they got nowt..the "fee" they paid for him was simpky safc no longer owing them money for one of our shit signings from years ago?

Last edited:
but how was thw sale money-when they literally got no money and spent £3m on his replacement?

but they got nowt..the "fee" they paid for him was simpky safc no longer owing them money for one of our shit signings from years ago?

I think this was my point. The super transparent owners have never clarified this. Absolutely baffling.

Must have been the pesky agents then.
although it must be said if they were offering maja £10k a week and hundreds of thousands of signing on money..grigg is probably on much less money so the gap in financials between the deasl is probably a lot smaller than it forst appears..

Confusing this mate.
Firstly I don’t think they have been as transparent as what they are letting you believe. We complained prior as there was no communication at all from the owner or the club. Even then though we ran on hope and dreams just like today.
It’s a disgrace we are in this league. This isn’t a “ohh look at us” statement. Look at the ground against bury, accrington, Rochdale etc.

I’ll give you an example of them not being transparent.
Our top scorer was let go and we paid a lot of money to get a replacement. If we kept him we’d of gone up.
How many pod casts, drunken chats with Ronald macdonal, or statements made?
Not as many as we wanted. Don’t think anyone knows the true story, blame the agent. It’s fair game.

I agree about the manager. The first mistake of the season was not to sack him. They got it wrong. Regardless of what happens this season, he should have delivered one Wembley win out of the two.
Maja had no intention of staying. He was offered what he and his agent asked for and still left. That’s what Donald told us. Were that not the case, both Maja and his agent have had ample opportunity to challenge Donald about this and have chosen not to do so. Whilst this remains to be the case I will choose to believe Donald’s version of events.

I’m hoping we’ll hear some news soon. Surely SD must be pretty confident that it’s nearly done or else why break the news via a fans podcast?

Back