American based takeover

I guess we'll differ on this subject then.

If Maja's head had been turned as reported than there's no guarantee he would have performed to the same standard in which case the club were better off getting something for him while he was a saleable asset.

There was no way of knowing at the beginning of the season how he'd perform and if reports are to be believed then by the time the club offered him a new contract (which was what he was asking for) his agent had gotten into his ear.
He wanted to leave. You can't make a player stay and expect any kind of positive output from him.

- On Maja, the situation quite obviously wasn't black and white. Donald has recently said he could have perhaps opened negotitions sooner, which is easy to say in hindsight. Few, if any, will have expected Maja to have done as well as he did do. We were all disappointed to lose Maja, but had he stayed, it still wouldn't have made promotion a certainty. They've made a blunder signing Grigg, but it was Ross that wanted him in the first place, they've simply brought in someone the manager has highlighted as Maja's replacement. Is that Donald's fault? Far from it, he should be commended imo.

- Whilst I'm not convinced by Ross, I can understand why they've shown him loyalty. They see and experience things behind the scenes that we don't. Our start has just been about acceptable. Had we beaten Oxford, performances aside, I think we'd all be content, but it was the first game and they can often be tough to call. Ross has bought more time after our win yesterday. I hope he gets it right, but if we're dicking about in an average position after say 10 games, I expect he'll be replaced. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that and we crack on.

Maja would have got us at least three more wins than Grigg delivered, their biggest error was choosing the Maja cash before they had what should have been a replacement and one more OR keeping him

How much did Sheff Utd spend to compete. How much have Norwich spent, including since going into the Prem. 50m, bullshit.

Calling fans gullible when you are clueless. Ok mate
Sheffield United have a truly exceptional manager in Chris Wilder, and I expect them to stay up; I’m not sure about Norwich. I don’t see Jack Ross as being at anywhere near the level of Chris Wilder, especially when you look at his record in the transfer market.

Point is that there have been a lot of clubs that have spent big money in the championship, and in that respect we’ll struggle to compete with our current owners. I hope this take-over happens.

Sheffield United have a truly exceptional manager in Chris Wilder, and I expect them to stay up; I’m not sure about Norwich. I don’t see Jack Ross as being at anywhere near the level of Chris Wilder, especially when you look at his record in the transfer market.

Point is that there have been a lot of clubs that have spent big money in the championship, and in that respect we’ll struggle to compete with our current owners. I hope this take-over happens.

I reckon Norwich will finish well clear of Sheff Utd, Pukki is a very natural goalscorer - they elevate any side

It's quite simple but it requires a bit of self realisation by us, the fans

Our current owners have done a brilliant job in sorting out the absolute disaster zone that was left after Short.

But their model is very likely going to be the scenic route. That might not be a bad thing, it can work, both Shef Utd and Norwich are in the premier league on a relative shoestring while other clubs have blown many millions and failed. Their model will see us have very firm foundations, that's got to be good long term.

But there is a bigger but. And that is that the Sunderland fans will in no way have the patience for the scenic route. You just have to look and listen to our fanbase. 2 games in , want manager sacked etc. And don't even try to deny it. We are our own worst enemy in that no real plans can ever be laid down as it has to be now, now, now. 15 months ago we were on brink of administration but huge elements of our fanbase have mentally whitewashed that and the current owners are pikey chancers now apparently.

So if there is a more financially expedient route then I think it's better for us, as much as I like SD and the gang.

I hope in reality it's a good balance. Still have the core principles of fighting for value everywhere in the club, but give us the turbo boost we need to get a decent foothold in the championship.

Our current owners have done a brilliant job in sorting out the absolute disaster zone that was left after Short.

But their model is very likely going to be the scenic route. That might not be a bad thing, it can work, both Shef Utd and Norwich are in the premier league on a relative shoestring while other clubs have blown many millions and failed. Their model will see us have very firm foundations, that's got to be good long term.

But there is a bigger but. And that is that the Sunderland fans will in no way have the patience for the scenic route. You just have to look and listen to our fanbase. 2 games in , want manager sacked etc. And don't even try to deny it. We are our own worst enemy in that no real plans can ever be laid down as it has to be now, now, now. 15 months ago we were on brink of administration but huge elements of our fanbase have mentally whitewashed that and the current owners are pikey chancers now apparently.

So if there is a more financially expedient route then I think it's better for us, as much as I like SD and the gang.

I hope in reality it's a good balance. Still have the core principles of fighting for value everywhere in the club, but give us the turbo boost we need to get a decent foothold in the championship.
Have a like :)

So when do we get to sling white plastic chairs around a mittel Europa old town square while singing “champions of Europe, the mags’ll nivver sing that” then?

Back